Page 148 of 210 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 2098

Thread: Cheap used Mirages you've seen for sale?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    How's the CVT in the black car holding up? Is it still acting weird on the hwy?
    It's been doing good lately. No weirdness. It surged a bit for me a while back. Seemed fine this morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    He needs to wait for a hot Chinook and 90 km/h headwinds to be sure.
    Yeah, I can't wait for that. We had t-shirt weather last week. This morning was -9c snowing and 80kph wind gusts. Once the snow is finally gone it'll be fireban season The one time I'm a keener about swapping tires over in the spring we get crap weather the following week. At least the car I sold has decent tires lol

Hopefully the cvt holds together until I get my lift delivered. They're still back ordered and hoping to have them shipped out sometime in April...I'm still curious as to whether the newer models will fit. I wonder what happened to that person that needed to replace their 14' cvt a month/few weeks ago?

Last edited by Fummins; 03-29-2021 at 03:32 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That guy was shady lol. He sold the car to someone not telling them it was messed up and with a bad title or something last I heard. I saw it show up for sale again and then it disappeared.
    -Karl B. 2015 Mirage DE CVT Utility Machine (and lots of other cars)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    It's been doing good lately. No weirdness. It surged a bit for me a while back. Seemed fine this morning.

Yeah, I can't wait for that. We had t-shirt weather last week. This morning was -9c snowing and 80kph wind gusts. Once the snow is finally gone it'll be fireban season The one time I'm a keener about swapping tires over in the spring we get crap weather the following week. At least the car I sold has decent tires lol

Hopefully the cvt holds together until I get my lift delivered. They're still back ordered and hoping to have them shipped out sometime in April...I'm still curious as to whether the newer models will fit. I wonder what happened to that person that needed to replace their 14' cvt a month/few weeks ago?
    Whoever got your white car got a deal man. Got your expertise and maintenance for free. I'm still curious though, didn't u get a new engine for the white car? How come you didn't keep it if the flip you did didn't pay a decent amount?

Wow, that's greasy. I don't have any guilt selling my white car. I'd drive that thing anywhere tomorrow. I think I'm done buying Mirages unless I come across another fixer upper. It's crazy how much money I've saved on car repairs and fuel over the last year and a half. But then I turned around and threw most of it on a 20k side by side that I beat like a red headed step child.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Whoever got your white car got a deal man. Got your expertise and maintenance for free. I'm still curious though, didn't u get a new engine for the white car? How come you didn't keep it if the flip you did didn't pay a decent amount?
    Yeah I got a new engine for the white car. It's still got warranty until 2024. I wasn't gonna pull the engine out and put a 285k km engine back in lol I sold that car cause it's worth more, everything I have is paid off. The black car does everything I need it too.

I guess I shoulda started a new thread about this...The guy who's buying my car called saying there's an outstanding lien on the car and he can't register it until it's cleared up. I said that's impossible I registered it for the last two years!
    He sent the form over and it's in the previous owners name. Expecting a total gong show and hours of phone calls I called the lien holder finance company and they were great. They weren't sure why it still showed up and are now sending over the release paperwork to clear everything up. I really didn't want to get the previous owner involved, I know I wouldn't want to deal with a car I sold over a year ago lol.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Yeah I got a new engine for the white car. It's still got warranty until 2024. I wasn't gonna pull the engine out and put a 285k km engine back in lol I sold that car cause it's worth more, everything I have is paid off. The black car does everything I need it too.
    Congrats on selling your white Mirage. New owner is surely getting a good deal, because it's a used Mirage with a new engine. It's not like buying a newer model Mirage is going to get you a 4th cylinder!

Given your comfort level with changing out a CVT, I can understand where you are coming from. If your white Mirage was your only vehicle, you may feel differently. You're just wanting to save wear & tear on your truck & save on gas at the same time. If you do end up replacing the CVT on your black Mirage, it will still last you a very long time. Maybe longer than you would like?

Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Attachment 20698

Someone likes green cars.
    I'm sure this is the same car https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...age/1556591825 can't remember what the original price was but 5500 seems high. Especially for an almost out of warranty, base model, pig pen car with what looks like baby batter stains on the seats. Attachment 20879

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Wow, that's greasy. I don't have any guilt selling my white car. I'd drive that thing anywhere tomorrow. I think I'm done buying Mirages unless I come across another fixer upper. It's crazy how much money I've saved on car repairs and fuel over the last year and a half. But then I turned around and threw most of it on a 20k side by side that I beat like a red headed step child.
    Greasy? No, I was complimenting you brother!

Greasy? No, I was complimenting you brother!
    I was referring to the guy that Dodge Aries was talking about lol.

Should I start a gofundme page too? My 1991 holiday trailer is a crusty, abused, neglected turd. It's sitting in a storage yard with 1 broken leaf spring lol. I really want a bigazz bumper pull toy hauler so I can haul both of my side by sides out camping but don't have $23,000. https://www.kijiji.ca/v-travel-trail...5127?undefined I'll even stop derailing this thread lol

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (03-29-2021)