Page 166 of 210 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 2098

Thread: Cheap used Mirages you've seen for sale?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Base (no AC) 2015, asking $3100, but the ad implies seller is open to reasonable offers...

165k kms = 103k miles
    $3,100 = $2445 USD currently

That would be a $6,500+ (= $8,241 CAD) car here in the States easily.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Was searching for a mirage and I found this.

https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/...434156318.html

Thought it a decent find until I saw the asking price 😩

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle88 View Post
    Was searching for a mirage and I found this.

https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/...434156318.html

Thought it a decent find until I saw the asking price ��
    2017 G4 CVT (??? trim level) with 56,000 miles for $9,500

vs.

2022 G4 ES CVT for $18145 MSRP ($17,645) @ White Bear.

The used car price of the 2017 G4 is more than what I paid for my Mirage new, but that was 4+ years ago. That's not really relevant today.

I really like my Mirage. It does what I want a daily driver to do (affordable, reliable, & economical). As much as I like my Mirage, I would not pay more than $10,000 for one. I lose all interest in the car beyond that price (new or used).

The used 2017 you shared is more appealing to me than the new one.

The number one reason I bought a brand new Mirage in 2017 -

I paid 65.4% window sticker. If I had qualified for the three rebates (loyalty, VIP, & military) at the time, I would have paid 54.8% window sticker. Buying a used car didn't make sense.

In today's market, there's no way anyone could sell me a brand new Mirage, but that's me!

The average new vehicle price has risen above $47,000 in the States!

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...20%20in%202021.

I feel the auto industry is really messed up, but who's to blame for that?

I know people who can't buy a vehicle that doesn't have more features or more horsepower than their current one. Yet, they complain about the price of new vehicles in the same breath!

We live in time when people think it's too much work to turn on their headlights & wipers when needed. Heaven forbid we would have to dim our headlights on our own. How about being attentive when you drive? That's what lane departure warning & collision mitigation braking systems are designed for. It's no wonder manual transmissions are disappearing from the market scene.

If someone started selling base level cars again that are affordable, reliable, & economical, I would be somewhat excited. I don't see that happening any time soon.

Given today's market, I don't think a lower mileage Mirage or G4 in good shape for under $10,000 is a horrible deal. I surely couldn't justify paying $7,000-8,000 more for a new one.

Unless things change, I don't see myself buying a new vehicle in my lifetime again. I am OK with that.

Cars are not investments. They are money pits.

"Depreciation Timeline
    That means if you bought a $40,000 vehicle, it is only worth $35,600 by the time you get it home. ... Using the same $40,000 vehicle, after one year, it is worth $30,000. Three years after you buy the car, it drops 46% of its value, meaning it is now worth $21,600." Apr 13, 2020

If that timeline were to hold true in the future, I am buying 3+ year old vehicles. Some Putz can pay all that initial depreciation, and I will gladly enjoy the majority of the vehicle's life for much less!
    Last edited by Mark; 01-21-2022 at 06:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    2017 G4 CVT (??? trim level) with 56,000 miles for $9,500

vs.

2022 G4 ES CVT for $18145 MSRP ($17,645) @ White Bear.

The used car price of the 2017 G4 is more than what I paid for my Mirage new, but that was 4+ years ago. That's not really relevant today.

I really like my Mirage. It does what I want a daily driver to do (affordable, reliable, & economical). As much as I like my Mirage, I would not pay more than $10,000 for one. I lose all interest in the car beyond that price (new or used).

The used 2017 you shared is more appealing to me than the new one.

The number one reason I bought a brand new Mirage in 2017 -

I paid 65.4% window sticker. If I had qualified for the three rebates (loyalty, VIP, & military) at the time, I would have paid 54.8% window sticker. Buying a used car didn't make sense.

In today's market, there's no way anyone could sell me a brand new Mirage, but that's me!

The average new vehicle price has risen above $47,000 in the States!

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...20%20in%202021.

I feel the auto industry is really messed up, but who's to blame for that?

I know people who can't buy a vehicle that doesn't have more features or more horsepower than their current one. Yet, they complain about the price of new vehicles in the same breath!

We live in time when people think it's too much work to turn on their headlights & wipers when needed. Heaven forbid we would have to dim our headlights on our own. How about being attentive when you drive? That's what lane departure warning & collision mitigation braking systems are designed for. It's no wonder manual transmissions are disappearing from the market scene.

If someone started selling base level cars again that are affordable, reliable, & economical, I would be somewhat excited. I don't see that happening any time soon.

Given today's market, I don't think a lower mileage Mirage or G4 in good shape for under $10,000 is a horrible deal. I surely couldn't justify paying $7,000-8,000 more for a new one.

Unless things change, I don't see myself buying a new vehicle in my lifetime again. I am OK with that.

Cars are not investments. They are money pits.

"Depreciation Timeline
    That means if you bought a $40,000 vehicle, it is only worth $35,600 by the time you get it home. ... Using the same $40,000 vehicle, after one year, it is worth $30,000. Three years after you buy the car, it drops 46% of its value, meaning it is now worth $21,600." Apr 13, 2020

If that timeline were to hold true in the future, I am buying 3+ year old vehicles. Some Putz can pay all that initial depreciation, and I will gladly enjoy the majority of the vehicle's life for much less!
    That deprecation logic doesn't seem to apply right meow. I know 2 people who did okay flogging their 5 and 6 year old trucks over the last 2 years. One guy got almost 30k for a bagged out 2014 F150 with multiple near write off insurance claims filed over the years. So after 6 years he paid 5-8k to use the thing.

Another guy traded in a 2014 Dodge diesel and was happy as a pig in **** that the dealer gave him $40 for is and was losing about $12-15k in depriciation. I spotted the the truck for sale a day later for $52k. Close to the sticker price lol.

Maybe trucks are different? I don't pay attention to car prices much have noticed "cheap" chevy volts aren't a thing up here anymore.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    That deprecation logic doesn't seem to apply right meow. I know 2 people who did okay flogging their 5 and 6 year old trucks over the last 2 years. One guy got almost 30k for a bagged out 2014 F150 with multiple near write off insurance claims filed over the years. So after 6 years he paid 5-8k to use the thing.

Another guy traded in a 2014 Dodge diesel and was happy as a pig in **** that the dealer gave him $40 for is and was losing about $12-15k in depriciation. I spotted the the truck for sale a day later for $52k. Close to the sticker price lol.

Maybe trucks are different? I don't pay attention to car prices much have noticed "cheap" chevy volts aren't a thing up here anymore.
    That is why I stated it as - "If that timeline were to hold true in the future, I am buying 3+ year old vehicles. Some Putz can pay all that initial depreciation, and I will gladly enjoy the majority of the vehicle's life for much less!"

At the moment things are extremely different. I may be able to sell my 2017 Mirage for nearly what I paid for it new. I could say it cost almost nothing to own these past 4+ years. That may sound great, until I go to replace it with a new Mirage. That would suck!

Imagine how some may feel if things ever return to past norms? If $10,000-12,000 brand new Mirage deals ever returned, how is someone who paid $15,000+ for one going to feel about that?

Higher than normal used car prices in the States are being driven by the outrageous prices of new vehicles. Incentives & rebates are currently gone. Dealer lots are not full in my area. If anything, inventories have flipped. New car dealerships have a larger inventory of used vehicles than new ones, & that's not the previous norm in my area.

It's more like, please come in & order you next new Chevy pickup truck (pay full price), and we'll give you a great price for your old one. Even if you have a nice truck to trade in, I'm pretty sure they are making good money on the deal.

$2500 base 2014, rebuilt status

5-speed. Only 140k km = 87k miles on it ...

Name:  Opera Snapshot_2022-01-24_103915_www.kijiji.ca.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  42.4 KB

Ottawa, Ontario.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details...dId=1602954879

I've never bought a rebuilt/salvage car, but I'd consider it if I were planning to keep it.

The seller/rebuilder must have paid next to nothing for it to be able to repair, re-inspect & sell at a profit for $2500.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    5-speed. Only 140k km = 87k miles on it ...

I've never bought a rebuilt/salvage car, but I'd consider it if I were planning to keep it.
    I would feel the same way. If it's a vehicle I knew that I was going to keep until the wheels fell off, I wouldn't rule out a car like this. If I planned on flipping it at some point, I would pass on a salvage car.

Out here to get a salvage inspection done you need to provide pictures of the damage before it was repaired. I'm not sure it's the same way over there? Years ago I did a really fast pre purchase inspection on a rav4 for my brother inlaw. The seller drove it to my work after hours so I could have a look. The guy kept saying it was hit in the rh (rear) 1/4 panel and they fixed it so well you'd never no it. There was no evidence of any repair work there cause it wasn't hit there.

I noticed the air filter was missing and the rad support had a $hit ton of pry marks all over it. It looked like someone tried to straighten it with vice grips...And both headlights mounts were broken and the front clip looked like it was painted with a roller in tornado. It was priced cheaper than other non-repaired status vehicles but not cheap enough to deal with that nightmare.

There were a few shops in town that had their license revoked after they were busted passing write off inspections on some dumpster firemobiles for their relatives.

I used to tow cars for an older German guy years ago. I would have felt great buying one of the vehicles he repaired. He did such a good, thorough job that he managed to get a new warranty engine in a newer Dodge truck that he repaired without anyone suspecting. (Rebuilt status=no warranty).

I won't buy a vehicle from someone who calls me "buddy" or "my friend"

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post

I won't buy a vehicle from someone who calls me "buddy" or "my friend"
    Don't be a jerk & buy my damn car!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-24-2022)

Country
    Spain
    Thanks
    Totally agree!!!!
    In Spain since a few years ago a Romanian car brand associated with Renault called Dacia, started selling simpler cars at tighter prices... and although at first received a lot of criticism especially from the "experts" They have finally made a niche in the market in a very solid way. Its two "flagship" models Duster and Sandero are have been top sellers, especially the latter which was the best selling car in 2020 in Spain, and among the top three in 2021.
    I was about to buy a Sandero, with all the equipment available, which obviously is not much at the prices they are. But finally we opted for the Mirage because it is much nicer and my daughter was infatuated with it.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)