Page 82 of 210 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheap used Mirages you've seen for sale?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scratchpaddy View Post
    The knockoff Civic hubcaps looks pretty good with that car. Too bad about the paint mismatch.

Why do we need so many different whites?? Look at any new car, and you can choose from three shades of white, four shades of grey, two shades of black, and red. Maybe blue, too, if you're lucky, and willing to pay extra. One of the things that caught my attention on the Mirage at first was the wild colors it was available in. Green? Pink?? Heck yeah!
    There was also a cool metallic lemon-lime yellow we didn't get.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,474 Posts
    That ad does say most of the things I would want to hear for a car that has been repaired after a collision...

Recent 4 wheel alignment. (NOTE: He better have that printout handy!)
    No airbag deployment.
    No suspension or mechanical damage.
    Before and after pictures available.
    I look at a lot of used Viper ads (a fair percentage with salvage titles) and it's rare that the seller has pictures of the damage to the car before it was repaired. Seems that every Viper with a salvage title was 'minor' damage that was 'easily' repaired.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    That ad does say most of the things I would want to hear for a car that has been repaired after a collision...

I look at a lot of used Viper ads (a fair percentage with salvage titles) and it's rare that the seller has pictures of the damage to the car before it was repaired. Seems that every Viper with a salvage title was 'minor' damage that was 'easily' repaired.
    I wouldn't buy that car on a bet. I can tell by the panel fit that they just straightened everything out enough to hang wrong-colored sheet metal on it and called it good.

Truth be told, I would never buy one of these with a 'builder' title. They are too lightly built to be repaired properly by an amateur if there is any structural damage.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    ...I would never buy one of these with a 'builder' title. They are too lightly built to be repaired properly by an amateur if there is any structural damage.
    It seems like there are a lot of Mirages running around with salvage/rebuilt titles (if Craigslist is any indicator). And most don't seem to be priced accordingly. If you're selling a Mirage with salvage title or damage history, don't expect 90% of retail value for it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It doesn't have a salvage title, from what the ad says. So it wasn't damaged enough to get insurance involved at least haha.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    I wouldn't buy that car on a bet. I can tell by the panel fit that they just straightened everything out enough to hang wrong-colored sheet metal on it and called it good.

Truth be told, I would never buy one of these with a 'builder' title. They are too lightly built to be repaired properly by an amateur if there is any structural damage.
    If this car has a clear title (no salvage listed), it is an awesome deal! I would do the same things with any used car purchase with a little extra. Have a professional double check the alignment. New Mirages still may have that issue. Have a auto body guy check out the frame & work done. If things don't check out, you just walk away.

Plus, you would still have the remaining 5 year/60,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty (making it even more low risk).

If I could get a 2018 with 20,000 miles on it for about half the price of a new 2019, I would jump all over that! It's a cheap economy car. I could care less about the color. It's not a car that people go "wow" over anyways.

I wanted an updated 2017+ Mirage. I pulled the trigger on one when they were under $10,000 new. A used manual didn't exist at the time, but this one would have caught my attention back then. If this car checks out, the previous owner just ate most the depreciation costs!
    Last edited by Mark; 06-04-2019 at 02:42 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 2,126 Posts
    It's not a luxury car. It's a cheap Mirage. Buy it, drive it, and laugh every time you drive past banks and gas stations.

Don't overthink this.
    Last edited by Eggman; 06-04-2019 at 07:41 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

But the paint doesn't match. That's not safe at all.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    But the paint doesn't match. That's not safe at all.
    Add a Mossy Oak or Realtree winter camouflage pattern to it, & you'll never notice the white colors not matching.

It would be cool if someone bought it & joined the forum. Hey, they're talking about my car!!!!!

What about a rust wrap? Attachment 14722

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Basic (06-06-2019)