Page 182 of 210 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 2098

Thread: Cheap used Mirages you've seen for sale?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Our base model has always had A/C, power locks with remotes, & power windows. I bought a 2017 Mirage in ES manual because I you could get one for $8,500 - $10,000 OTD depending on the rebates you qualified for @ White Bear.

I know someone who bought a 2021 Mirage ES manual for $10,400 OTD in early 2021.
    That's seriously amazing. If said buyer looks after it and keeps it maintained @100 months their TCO is $100/mo. The Fiesta/Spark could perhaps approach this but as they are binned it's a moot point. My Ford dealer had a fall promo for many years of a Fiesta OTD for $8750. Not even Mirages could compete with that. I was tempted. If it had been a color, even black, I would have bought it without hesitation.

Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Not stripped down? Meaning a non ES Poverty Modal, for under $12k? Probably not.

But like Mark said ... my 2020 ES (Poverty Model down here) 5-speed, came with A/C, cruise, power windows, the auto-climate downgrade. Mine was $11,429, base cost of the car, plus games and fodder.
    It never ceases to amaze me the difference in OEM equipment between our markets. It's *always* cheaper never to deviate on build options. Henry Ford knew this, "you can have any color you want as long as it is black." By varying the equipment between markets Mitsubishi is costing all buyers more.

Last edited by Wallythacker; 12-01-2022 at 09:22 PM.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    That's seriously amazing. If said buyer looks after it and keeps it maintained @100 months their TCO is $100/mo. The Fiesta/Spark could perhaps approach this but as they are binned it's a moot point. My Ford dealer had a fall promo for many years of a Fiesta OTD for $8750. Not even Mirages could compete with that. I was tempted. If it had been a color, even black, I would have bought it without hesitation.
    If it was a Fiesta with a dual clutch transmission, I would NOT consider that a good deal (with their 5-year/60,000 mile powertrain warranty).

I have seen the Chevy Spark competitively priced with the Mirage, but the base level Spark would lack a few basic features (bit more like base level Mirage in Canada) compared to Mirage ES here. All of this is history! Great deals on new vehicles are gone!

Mirage marketing - Since the updated 2017 model came out, more features have been added to the ES model each year. In most cases, this has made the Mirage LESS appealing (exception would be cruise added in 2019) to me. Adding auto climate controls in 2020 was a big turn off, but not a deal breaker. Making CVT standard for all models in 2023 is a deal breaker for me.

My hope is that I don't have to think about replacing my current Mirage for another 10 years or so. By that time, I may want to go back to owning one vehicle instead of two. 10 years from now - we may be driving electric vehicles or riding horses instead. Who knows?

My 2017 Mirage compliments my 2011 Forester quite well. If I need the AWD or trailer hauling capabilities, I have that with my Forester. My Mirage handles most everything else quite well. Extending the life of my Forester by using my Mirage as a daily driver is the main reason I own one.

Highly discounted Mirages (brand new) were a good alternative to buying used. The Mirage was a very affordable, reliable, economical alternative to used cars. I no longer look at them in that light. If I had to replace my Mirage, today, I would be looking at used vehicles again.

If it was a Fiesta with a dual clutch transmission, I would NOT consider that a good deal (with their 5-year/60,000 mile powertrain warranty).

I have seen the Chevy Spark competitively priced with the Mirage, but the base level Spark would lack a few basic features (bit more like base level Mirage in Canada) compared to Mirage ES here. All of this is history! Great deals on new vehicles are gone!

Mirage marketing - Since the updated 2017 model came out, more features have been added to the ES model each year. In most cases, this has made the Mirage LESS appealing (exception would be cruise added in 2019) to me. Adding auto climate controls in 2020 was a big turn off, but not a deal breaker. Making CVT standard for all models in 2023 is a deal breaker for me.

My hope is that I don't have to think about replacing my current Mirage for another 10 years or so. By that time, I may want to go back to owning one vehicle instead of two. 10 years from now - we may be driving electric vehicles or riding horses instead. Who knows?

My 2017 Mirage compliments my 2011 Forester quite well. If I need the AWD or trailer hauling capabilities, I have that with my Forester. My Mirage handles most everything else quite well. Extending the life of my Forester by using my Mirage as a daily driver is the main reason I own one.

Highly discounted Mirages (brand new) were a good alternative to buying used. The Mirage was a very affordable, reliable, economical alternative to used cars. I no longer look at them in that light. If I had to replace my Mirage, today, I would be looking at used vehicles again.
    Maybe not, msrp for a new base Mirage up here is around $14k and change. Add $3000 for random fees and other crap and you're looking at $12,600usd with today exchange rate? Other than not having tpms in Canada spec cars and possibly being told to take the car up here for warranty work, whats stopping someone from the US from importing a new one?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Maybe not, msrp for a new base Mirage up here is around $14k and change. Add $3000 for random fees and other crap and you're looking at $12,600usd with today exchange rate? Other than not having tpms in Canada spec cars and possibly being told to take the car up here for warranty work, whats stopping someone from the US from importing a new one?
    Jumping a few hoops I guess -

"Q: Can you buy a new car in Canada and register it in the U.S.? Yes, it is possible, but you'll have to jump through a few hoops to get it to the U.S, including D.O.T. and E.P.A. compliance, customs clearance, paying duty, getting it registered, and getting insurance coverage in the U.S." Apr 27, 2022

I would have to wear my readers to see the mi/h instead of the larger Km/h on the speedometer.
    Last edited by Mark; 12-03-2022 at 01:41 AM.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Does this qualify for this thread?
    https://www.autotrader.ca/cars/on/ki...ake=Mitsubishi

Name:  fea2377d-e37b-4ce9-85f7-e8686ab9e092.jpg-420x315.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  29.0 KB

$7995 cad

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.1 mpg (US) ... 18.7 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 52.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMW View Post
    Does this qualify for this thread?
    https://www.autotrader.ca/cars/on/ki...ake=Mitsubishi

Name:  fea2377d-e37b-4ce9-85f7-e8686ab9e092.jpg-420x315.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  29.0 KB

$7995 cad
    No, because it's pink!

Sorry, I just had to say that!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

BigMW (12-03-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    No, because it's pink!

Sorry, I just had to say that!

Aw, I'd love to have a pink model. The lime is the only hue I don't like. As for the ad, 3 things shock me.
    1. $8K for a 7 yr. old car with 100,000 Miles that sold for ~$12K new. And an "odd" color;
    2. The newest dealer is about an hour away. Same deal for me and I live within an hour of 10 million people
    3. This is in Kirkland Lake!!! Far flung from major centers. Brutal winters. Economically depressed.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    Aw, I'd love to have a pink model. The lime is the only hue I don't like. As for the ad, 3 things shock me.
    1. $8K for a 7 yr. old car with 100,000 Miles that sold for ~$12K new. And an "odd" color;
    2. The newest dealer is about an hour away. Same deal for me and I live within an hour of 10 million people
    3. This is in Kirkland Lake!!! Far flung from major centers. Brutal winters. Economically depressed.
    Points #1 and #2, totally agree.
    Point #3, I take major offense
    Kirkland Lake IS a major gold mining centre;
    We have fantastic winters;
    We WERE economically depressed BEFORE we became a major gold mining centre (again).

(btw, this car is in la belle province, east of Kirkland Lake)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.1 mpg (US) ... 18.7 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 52.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Other than not having tpms in Canada spec cars and possibly being told to take the car up here for warranty work, whats stopping someone from the US from importing a new one?
    Not having TPMS alone basically disqualifies it. It's a rule it has to have it here and it has to be an OEM setup, not an aftermarket one. It's stupid.
    -Karl B. 2015 Mirage DE CVT Utility Machine (and lots of other cars)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    This is a better deal, and kudos for the guy's honesty.
    https://www.autotrader.ca/a/mitsubis...206Y3&sprx=100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2022 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 40.1 mpg (US) ... 17.0 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 48.1 mpg (Imp)