Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
That's an unheard of price for Honda Fit (even one with a few miles on it). $995 ($822 USD) is cheap!

There are 17 different 2008 Honda Fits within 500 miles of my place on cars.com. They range in price from $3495 (181,000 miles) to $11,795 (31,00 miles).
Yeah, it is unusually cheap for a Fit. This one has rust starting over the rear wheel arches -- I believe Honda fans refer to it as Hondarust [TM].

The AC also doesn't work -- this is a common failure on Honda Fits & Civics of this vintage.

And from a car dealer's perspective, the fact that it's a manual may be worse than non-functional AC. Nobody wants manuals anymore. [Only us eccentrics!]

I have only seen pics of the car so far -- it's 200 km from here -- but I think I'm going to get it. Keep it to use for next winter, then tidy it up, get it inspected, and sell it for a small profit.

There are 5 2008 Fits with A] manual transmission, B] over 200k kms [120k miles], C] within 1000 km of me. Prices range from $2200-3000 CAD. Not sure why they seem to be cheaper here than in the US.