Page 102 of 210 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 2095

Thread: Cheap used Mirages you've seen for sale?

Attachment 15699

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/mississauga-peel-region/gas-saver-fully-loaded/1466396399?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

a 14 cvt with 208k kms for $2995 'black on black' lol

Last edited by MetroMPG; 10-17-2019 at 02:00 PM. Reason: (added big pic inline)
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (10-17-2019)

^ Hey Dirk - that's a CVT with 208k km = 129k miles! Practically a unicorn!

Oooh - and it's a top spec Mirage.

Wonder why they're selling "as-is"? It has no plates on it. Could be a curb-sider who got it for peanuts at auction and is looking to flip it? Sell it with a valid inspection and the price goes way up.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (10-17-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Attachment 15699

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/mississauga-peel-region/gas-saver-fully-loaded/1466396399?enableSearchNavigationFlag=truea 14 cvt with 208k kms for $2995 'black on black' lol
    This has the potential to be another sub $2k Mirage deal.

Mileage is too high, similar to my Mirage, for the unwashed masses who don't know the Mirage reliability
    Halton Hills is not exactly an easy place to get to, like Port Stanley, from anywhere.
    This car's not plated, meaning test drives will be limited to back and forth on the owner's driveway. My Mirage was plated and ready to test drive. Had it not been I don't know if I would have been as eager to buy it. I drove around for an hour.

Not being plated means getting it home takes on a new dimension, unless you hang another plate on it.

Overall though, if a guy showed up NOW with $2200 cash I think you might be able to snag this car.
    In a month? Maybe under $2k.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (10-19-2019)

No plates seems odd unless they just transferred them to another car? Doubt it though in most cases.
    I really have to take longer test drives before buying something. Took my truck down the highway and it seemed fine, but after holding it over 110kph for 10 mins the glow plug light would flash, meaning low rail pressure, typically meaning it needs an injector or 6.
    The guy we bought our armada from transfered plates to a new car which seemed legit but meant no long test drive. The check engine light came on as we drove it home and it's been a pain to fill up with fuel from day one. I always figured as long as the drivetrain is solid I don't car about suspension or electrical problems as I can fix those easy enough. I bought someone else's problem twice in a row and would rather fix other peoples cars for money than work on my own stuff.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    My Mirage was plated and ready to test drive. Had it not been I don't know if I would have been as eager to buy it. I drove around for an hour.
    An hour!!

I think the most I've driven a candidate vehicle is ~20 minutes, often less.

I almost always ask the owner to drive it first while I sit & listen & observe. That also gives me some insight into their driving style and how they treat their cars.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Daox (10-17-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    The owner and I hit it off right from the get-go. It likely helped I drove up in my '17.

He just handed me the key and said drive it around until you're satisfied it's the car for you. There's not a heck of a lot to see in Port Stanley, it is a pretty little place, so I drove almost to London on both highways and back roads to get a good feel for the car.

Then, as I mentioned, he was kind enough to deliver it, on the Thanksgiving weekend no less. Truth be told, I've done similar things to help people out.

I also suspect, but have no proof, this newest Mirage might be a prior rental. I rented 3 Mirages back in 2014 from Enterprise, all were black, all were loaded SEs. The Ontario Used Vehicle Information Package will show all the registered owners from day one. It was renting this little car that convinced me to buy one. Heck, over 100mph without breaking a sweat and it felt stable. Even thrashing it like that it returned about 55mpg.
    Last edited by Wallythacker; 10-17-2019 at 07:28 PM.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (10-17-2019)

Can you hear me saying "OW" halfway across the province? That's me, still kicking myself.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Ya, I heard it. This Mirage might turn out to be an equally good deal. Maybe even a better deal. Tell you what though. I'm so tempted to go and look at this latest Mirage. Goodness knows why. Well, I know why. I have my 2nd so if I tried to wheel and deal on this latest one even if I didn't get it, I haven't lost out. That mindset goes a long way when negotiating a deal. You know, buy this one for my kid, keep the other '14 for me and sell my '17. Ya ya, big plans, pipe dreams.

But....back to my thoughts. As the price comes down and if you still have interest I won't even think of going for it. Unless it drops down to like $1500 and for some reason it's just not going to work for you, then I'll consider it. (And book an apptmt. to have my head checked. Maybe put Fummins on retainer for advice on my "fleet". Lol)

I only have eyes for manuals!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    I only have eyes for manuals!
    If it's cheap enough what would a swap to a 5mt cost with used components? Would it be worthwhile? We know our great little cars are equipped with harnesses and fittings for all sorts of things. If you're dead set on a 5mt then, Dog help me, I'm going to be watching this one to see where it goes price wise.

Anyone else with an interest, speak up now. I don't want to be the guy snagging all the deals at the expense of others.