Page 136 of 210 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 2098

Thread: Cheap used Mirages you've seen for sale?

Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Might as well make it an Evo AWD.

Be sure to take pictures when you get to it.
    One of the most ambitious conversions I ever saw was about 23-24 years ago in small town junkyard. It was a totally stock looking(except the back was higher than normal) mid 80's looking caravan (cargo van style). Guy was moving his van across the yard, it was muddy and the back wheels were spinning. We followed the guy and asked him what was up with his van. Turned out the guy stuck a small block dodge in it replaced the trailing axle with a rear diff from who knows what . I've never seen anything like it to this day. I know a local guy who installed a perkins diesel into a ford e350 van then converted it to run on cooking oil.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    One of the most ambitious conversions I ever saw was about 23-24 years ago in small town junkyard. It was a totally stock looking(except the back was higher than normal) mid 80's looking caravan (cargo van style). Guy was moving his van across the yard, it was muddy and the back wheels were spinning. We followed the guy and asked him what was up with his van. Turned out the guy stuck a small block dodge in it replaced the trailing axle with a rear diff from who knows what . I've never seen anything like it to this day.
    Simply wild. If it wasn’t our own Dodge Aries K he probably knows the guy.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Hell, it's a 5 speed, I could waste a month or so of weekends swapping everything over and make mine a manual. Would probably only have to swap over the under hood and under dash wiring harness and modules. And pedals. Definitely not worth the effort but I've wasted far more time doing stupider things.
    Oh and send your extra CVT to Dirk.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

I'd have to hold onto the cvt and engine so I can swap everything back and make it numbers matching once it becomes an antique. That'll be my freedom 85 retirement plan.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I'd have to hold onto the cvt and engine so I can swap everything back and make it numbers matching once it becomes an antique. That'll be my freedom 85 retirement plan.
    There is an old saying, the earlier you retire, the longer you live. So with the bad lifestyles and habits of people these days, this might be the first generation in history to generally live shorter lives than the last generation.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    There is an old saying, the earlier you retire, the longer you live. So with the bad lifestyles and habits of people these days, this might be the first generation in history to generally live shorter lives than the last generation.
    My one grandfather passed away in his 70's. He was retired for at least 20 years and lived in Vancouver with pretty nice climate year round. My other grandfather was a farmer in northern alberta and worked everyday he could into his 90's.

Most people I've been around that retired early end up working part time jobs just because they get bored sitting at home on their ass.
    My dad is going stir crazy after retiring last year. I hope to retire in my early 60's too but that's pretty unlikely at this rate, I'll be a hungover grumpy walmart greater one day lol.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (10-27-2020),dspace9 (10-27-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    My one grandfather passed away in his 70's. He was retired for at least 20 years and lived in Vancouver with pretty nice climate year round. My other grandfather was a farmer in northern alberta and worked everyday he could into his 90's.

Most people I've been around that retired early end up working part time jobs just because they get bored sitting at home on their ass.
    My dad is going stir crazy after retiring last year. I hope to retire in my early 60's too but that's pretty unlikely at this rate, I'll be a hungover grumpy walmart greater one day lol.
    As someone who has a lot of experience working with the elderly, I can't stress how important it is to keep working as long as possible. It's simply good for your brain to stay busy. In my profession there's a saying, "Stress, good for your brain, bad for your heart." We roll the dice in this depending on your outlook and family genetic history. I know I'm going to work until they stop me and put me in a wheel chair and even then I can be the dirty old goat Walmart greeter lol.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Fummins (10-27-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Ya for sure, I guess because my own grandpa retired around 51 and then lived til 102. I plan on doing something part time eventually. I can keep myself pretty busy no matter what though, I don't get bored like a lot of the old men I see around my small town. I'm an expert putterer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

Fummins (10-27-2020)

Well, lets see who last's the longest lol The 3 of us are close in age. Winner gets a traffic pylon.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (10-27-2020)

Busted pink 2014 top-spec manual, asking $1500.

Name:  $_59.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  95.0 KB

The ad says the engine broke in what looks like a fairly minor collision (no airbags popped).

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details...dId=1532314240

$1500 seems pretty steep after Dodge Aries K brought home his Basketcase Mirage for $400!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)