Page 179 of 210 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181189 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 2098

Thread: Cheap used Mirages you've seen for sale?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    This thread has been a bit low activity lately.

Good luck finding a buyer for your Mirage. If you get the $11,500 for it, what would you buy next?

If someone offered me what I paid for my Mirage today, I would have to pass on that. There are no used Mirage manuals cheaper (on cars.com) today than what I paid for a new one 5 years ago (October 2017).

In your case, you're not asking what you paid for it either. Thus, I am not comparing apples to apples here.

I am just thankful I have a Mirage in my driveway, & I am even more thankful that I don't have to buy one today.
    Yeah, If I got that much for mine I'd just go buy another one for $4-6k. I'm better off keeping what I have, other than scratches and some rust bubbles it's in decent shape. It's all sorted now except for maybe a front wheel bearing.

I thought about getting a used Volt but I'd be smarter (imo) keeping the turdmobile as long as possible.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

the actual cone shape is now a step. How that happened, I do not know.
    Sounds like the winter wheels had slightly bigger bolt holes.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Sounds like the winter wheels had slightly bigger bolt holes.
    That would make too much sense. The winter wheels(and tires were included) are the same old OEM steel wheels with Dunlop wintermax tires. I just had to scrap off all the leftover anti-seize(?)shmooh that was gobbed all over the face of the rotors, drums and all the wheel studs. I assume all the nuts were just over-torqued using a $5 torque wrench?
    Last edited by Fummins; 11-04-2022 at 09:15 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    There are a few other things that weren't as advertised but I won't bother whining about them.
    Please do... I for one would like to hear them, It always fascinates me what people do to keep the car on the road... Some can be very creative???? And Interesting
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    SO I'm at a bit of a crossroad myself here. I was going to give my '17 to my kid in 3 years when she is 16 and I drive my '14 till it drops.

My '17 has warranty for another 5 years and only has 42,000 miles on it. It might have 55,000 miles on it in 3 years. If she maintains it there's a dozen years she could drive it without major worries. My '14 has 175,000 miles on it and runs great other than the heater core issue. I figured it would take me to the end of my driving days, maybe 10-12 more years and 60,000 more miles. I don't see a reason my '14 won't make it.

Today she told me she likely will not pursue a license for a car. Ouch. She wants a m/c license but thinks in thee` winter she will be an urbanite not needing a car. Plus, she's convinced ICE will be way more to run then elec in 3-5yrs. She thinks oil will become unbearable for so many reasons it's price will be insane.

So what to do? Which one to sell? It appears I can sell my '17 and make a profit after 5 yr. driving it. (It cost me $11,200 CDN, all in, brand new) My '14 cost me $1,500 and would fetch what? Is $4-5K possible? Sell38 them both, make a tidy sum?

PS. I have a '07 saturn vue til 5spd which gets 29-33mpg/35-38 hwy. I admit it would be the most versatile car to keep.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    SO I'm at a bit of a crossroad myself here. I was going to give my '17 to my kid in 3 years when she is 16 and I drive my '14 till it drops.

My '17 has warranty for another 5 years and only has 42,000 miles on it. It might have 55,000 miles on it in 3 years. If she maintains it there's a dozen years she could drive it without major worries. My '14 has 175,000 miles on it and runs great other than the heater core issue. I figured it would take me to the end of my driving days, maybe 10-12 more years and 60,000 more miles. I don't see a reason my '14 won't make it.

Today she told me she likely will not pursue a license for a car. Ouch. She wants a m/c license but thinks in thee` winter she will be an urbanite not needing a car. Plus, she's convinced ICE will be way more to run then elec in 3-5yrs. She thinks oil will become unbearable for so many reasons it's price will be insane.

So what to do? Which one to sell? It appears I can sell my '17 and make a profit after 5 yr. driving it. (It cost me $11,200 CDN, all in, brand new) My '14 cost me $1,500 and would fetch what? Is $4-5K possible? Sell38 them both, make a tidy sum?

PS. I have a '07 saturn vue til 5spd which gets 29-33mpg/35-38 hwy. I admit it would be the most versatile car to keep.
    Being a cheap *******, I'd sell the more expensive 2017 and keep the 14. If you blow the engine and transmission you can have them replaced for well under $3000 for both and be good to go for another 10 years. Other than wheel bearings and rear brakes, it should be cheap to keep that thing on the road for years to come. If it doesn't rust away.

I'd be lost without a license. You still need one if you have an ev or an evil ice-mobile. Sounds like a win for you though. Sell what you don't need and live it up.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I'd be lost without a license. You still need one if you have an ev or an evil ice-mobile. Sounds like a win for you though. Sell what you don't need and live it up.
    Unless I become Amish, I can't imagine living life without a license. Plus, I don't want to raise horses!

I suspected my oldest daughter would become a world traveler, & we encouraged/forced her to learn how to drive a manual. After graduating from college she lived in Chad, Africa for 2.5 years. Although she didn't have to drive much there, any vehicle she did drive was a manual.

For the past 5 years, my son-in-law & her share a manual Fiat Punto with his parents & sister. It's the only vehicle the 5 of them have to use. Public transportation is good & parking is limited. In Finland, you must take your driving test with a manual or your license will come with restrictions. Not all that different than getting your CDL license here.

I just finished a 33 year old driving student a couple weeks ago. All her classroom & behind-the-wheel lessons were paid for. If you are 18 or older, you don't have to take lessons, but you still need to pass the written exam & driving test. In her case, she had no one in her life to practice with. Thus, doing it this way was probably good for her. She struggled during her six one-hour driving lessons, and I invested some of my own extra time to help her be ready. After listening to her life story, not having a license really limited her in life. I took her to the driving test (something I never do with my younger student), and she used my instructor's car. She was thrilled when she passed on the first attempt. She had other struggles in life, but she jumped this one hurdle at least.

Selling a car & not having your daughter on your insurance policy should save you a few bucks in a couple ways. I would encourage her to get her license, however. For a variety of reasons, my older students really struggle.

Getting a license was a big deal when I was a kid. It's not as big a deal for some kids today. It's not just your daughter who feels this way.

Quote Originally Posted by klroger View Post
    Please do... I for one would like to hear them, It always fascinates me what people do to keep the car on the road... Some can be very creative???? And Interesting
    Okay fine!
    Last edited by Fummins; 11-04-2022 at 09:16 PM.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-autos-camion...0829?undefined

Relatively low mileage almost top spec 2014 with 117k km for $5200cad!

La voiture a été déclaré VGA
    In American, that means it was totalled! And then repaired. Maybe not much damage, but who knows?

Crazy times.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Fummins (10-29-2022)