Page 116 of 210 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 2098

Thread: Cheap used Mirages you've seen for sale?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post

The car is fine. It needs brakes ASAP (thus low fluid - that's why the light was on, Fummins) - which I fully expected - and a few other minor things. Cosmetically, it's pretty ugly - considerably rougher than the pics and videos showed.

But everything works and it's SO MUCH FREAKIN NICER TO DRIVE than the Miata, Metro or Firefly! This car is going to spoil me. (You know you're used to living at the bottom of the automotive food chain for a long time when getting a loaded Mirage makes you feel like you've finally arrived! )

$2400 plus tax, and no shady tacked-on dealer fees. A great deal. I'll make a garage thread later.
    Now there's a sales slogan - If you want to be spoiled, buy a Mitsubishi Mirage!

Sounds like a great deal to me! Knowing some of its history is a nice plus, too! Happy to hear it all worked out for you!

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Yeah, that seat condition is a bit perplexing.

Attachment 15908
    Thats not too bad. Nothing some thin memory support seat covers from Walmart couldnt fix. I sit on a bambo support pad and take kratom in the morning. Now Im pain free Uber driving.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Mullet View Post
    Congrats! Thinking of a second Mirage myself.
    Get the G4 next time lol. So Im not the only one on here woth both.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I might go check that 17 out this weekend. It'd be nice to find one for under $3000 but that seems unlikely right now in these parts. Might offer $5000 if it's not a total pos. With my luck I'll get it for 5 then cheapo specials will pop up everywhere.

I asked if he had any service records and what the history is on the car. He replied with he's got a carfax.... I really don't care about the history but service records would be kinda nice to see.
    This car is rough. Drivers mirror held on with electrical tape, tailpipe rusted off, bottom of rad support pushed back pretty far(easy fix), lhfender small dent near headlight, white paint splatter on steering wheel, and it has an oil leak. Can’t tell if it’s just an axle seal or cracked case, rear main or torque seal, trans pan? Underside looked like it’s lived on gravel roads worse than our work cars see. Mud and gravel caked around the subframe.
    Guy said he’d take $5000. I’m sure I’m not the first to walk from this one. I’ll see if it’s still around in a month and Make a low offer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (11-16-2019)

I see the loaded white 14’ cvt with 37k km dropped from $7000-6500. Not nearly as cheap as I was hoping for but I’ll rationalize it by being a better deal than the one I looked at this morning.Attachment 15955 https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...utm_source=sms

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I see the loaded white 14’ cvt with 37k km dropped from $7000-6500.

If they are dropping the price like that, offer $4500 bucks and see what they say. Wallythacher got his Mirage real cheap and they kept dropping the price. Good or bad, used Mirages aren't valuable.

I would steer clear of CVT's, but I am biased.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Believe it or not I wouldn’t want to insult the guy. I hate getting lowball offers and have blocked a ton of numbers lol, but sometimes accept if I’m tired of kijijitards.

I’d consider offering 4500 if it was listed for weeks already, Its Only been 4 days I believe. I think the price is pretty fair, I was considering seeing if he’d take 6. Cheaper than new by far. And I wouldn’t need to add cruise.

I’m not worried about cvt, I’ll be happy to if it only lasts a few years. Kinda hoping to get an early 14’ so I can see the changes from it and the 15’s. I’d change the cvt fluid before 50k to make sure warran ty doesn’t go away.
    Last edited by Fummins; 11-16-2019 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Stupid phone

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Eggman (11-16-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    37,000 km's. That car is like-new. And I like the 2014/15 front ends way more. Looks like a mini EVO.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

Basic (11-16-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Believe it or not I wouldn’t want to insult the guy.
    I'm with you there because the asking price just might be fair. When selling stuff I refuse to negotiate sight unseen and will ask that the buyer at least come see the item first.

Sometimes the thing just isn't in demand no matter what you think of it. I had a hard time selling my Ford Focus wagon after buying Speck, but I didn't want to have it sitting around either so I took what I could get.

How about making a standing offer of $4000? That way the seller can decide if they want to wait more for a buyer at their asking price. But if that buyer never comes along, your offer still stands. Just a thought.

Oh, have you seen it yet?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I tried to buy a 14 Mirage DE 5 speed today for $2450. Someone went to the dealer it was at and beat me to it by the time I called about it.

-Karl B. No Mirages currently...