Thread: salvage title Mirages for sale in the U.S. (11 listed) One just has hail damage.

salvage title Mirages for sale in the U.S. (11 listed) One just has hail damage.

I get these alerts via email...

Most of these are badly damaged (obviously) and would require some serious bodyworking / unibody straightening skills and investment in expensive parts (airbags went off in most of them, and they ain't cheap).

But every once in a while I see one that hasn't set off the airbags. EG: there's one with "hail" listed as the primary damage. Heck, I'd drive a dimpled car!

And there's this one that has damage to the side & rear, but no airbags set off:

Name:  vid9709254_websitedatapix2014103132385964_3X.JPG__shadowbox.jpg
Views: 452
Size:  33.8 KB

I wonder what happened to that one. Looks like maybe it spun out and the impact was the rear/side. Looks terrible, but I'd bang that out, replace the lenses & glass and drive it

11 damaged Mirages to browse as of right now:

http://erepairables.com/salvage-cars...mirage-9673871

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Phantasmagoria
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Last I checked (just now) the hail damaged ES had a bid of 2300 dollars. It should go higher if it's only hail damage.

I wonder if the dimples would lower drag, just like a golf ball effect?

Anyhow my wife just scowled at me for suggesting I buy a hail damaged car, so I'll have to pass!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 43.1 mpg (US) ... 18.3 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Usually, those bidding wars remain idle until the last 30mins of bidding.

FWIW, judging by those front & front+corner impacts, it looks like our cars' cabins are as safe as can be.