Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mirage acceleration times: 0-62 mph / 0-100 km/h and top speed (1.0L & 1.2L engines)

I updated the first post with acceleration (and other performance) figures from Car & Driver for the US spec car. Interesting how they tested the CVT at 10.9 seconds to 60 mph, yet the UK spec car is 12.8 seconds.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

debburyl (05-27-2015)

Country
    UK
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    I updated the first post with acceleration (and other performance) figures from Car & Driver for the US spec car. Interesting how they tested the CVT at 10.9 seconds to 60 mph, yet the UK spec car is 12.8 seconds.
    Indeed, and yet the CVT is identical in ratio spread, isn't it? As far as I know it's not a 'taller' gearbox like the manual is.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 3 CVT 1.2 automatic: 47.9 mpg (US) ... 20.4 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Has anyone used one of these in their Mirage?

http://www.autoanything.com/performa...A4194A0A0.aspx

Features
    Increases horsepower, torque and throttle response
    Optimizes ignition advance curves
    Recalibrates fuel maps for peak performance
    Stay in tune with 14 different monitoring screens
    Get additional monitoring power by attaching an oxygen sensor (sold separately)
    Includes multiple ways to mount the LCD display
    Backed by a 1-year warranty.

Name:  jet_performance_v_force_plus.jpg
Views: 1413
Size:  41.4 KB

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teasmade View Post
    Indeed, and yet the CVT is identical in ratio spread, isn't it? As far as I know it's not a 'taller' gearbox like the manual is.
    I was thinking further about this... I noticed when Motorweek tested the car at a drag strip here they recorded an 11.7 second 0-60 - again quicker than the UK figures. I notice though that they chirped the tyres off the line and that makes me wonder if they 'launched' the car (Stand on brakes, build engine revs up and when it reaches the stall speed of the torque converter and then go) to get a better result?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 3 CVT 1.2 automatic: 47.9 mpg (US) ... 20.4 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.5 mpg (Imp)

Phantasmagoria
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cchataway View Post
    Has anyone used one of these in their Mirage?

http://www.autoanything.com/performa...A4194A0A0.aspx

Features
    Increases horsepower, torque and throttle response
    Optimizes ignition advance curves
    Recalibrates fuel maps for peak performance
    Stay in tune with 14 different monitoring screens
    Get additional monitoring power by attaching an oxygen sensor (sold separately)
    Includes multiple ways to mount the LCD display
    Backed by a 1-year warranty.

Name:  jet_performance_v_force_plus.jpg
Views: 1413
Size:  41.4 KB
    When I tried to order this item their website says it's not available for the 2014 Mirage. Wonder why?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 43.1 mpg (US) ... 18.3 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.8 mpg (Imp)

Thanks
    CVT has .55 to 1 highest ratio and 4 to 1 lowest, much greater spread than the manual. CVT also has taller final drive. Result 2kat 60 cvt 3k manual.

Their secret to efficiency at higher rpm is independently controlling cam open and closing points (but not duration).

ALSO independently controlling valve lift, where it can replace the throttle plate under most situations.

It also enhances DFCO coasting by reducing closed throttle pumping losses reducing engine braking.

regards
    mech

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage de 1.2 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teasmade View Post
    Didn't use quote, response above to this earlier post.

regards
    mech

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage de 1.2 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by old mechanic View Post
    Didn't use quote, response above to this earlier post.

regards
    mech
    Thanks - to clarify, what I meant by identical ratio spread was that the ratio spread is identical between the CVTs in all countries, rather than between the CVT and the manual - hence my wondering why the US testers have recorded 0-60 times between 1~2 seconds faster than the UK brochure quotes (12.8 seconds in the UK versus a measured 10.9 and 11.7 seconds in the USA). It's particularly interesting as the UK-spec cars are slightly more powerful and have slightly greater torque than the US ones.

Added to the acceleration stats from the Motorweek review.

It was for the CVT. Has anybody seen any stats for the North American spec 5-speed?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Added some Australian stats to post #1.

Note: while it's the revised 2016 model year, the car does not have the revised 1.2L engine with roller cam and 4+ HP.