Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I wish I could buy a mirage, maybe I can?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    If I don't drive anywhere except for where I have to go, i.e. work/walmart/bank locally I average 13.3mpg this past tank in the Cherokee, I drove 142 miles, just under 28.00 for the week in gas, normally if I drive a good amount I use about $40 a week in gas in the jeep (approx 200 miles in a week) and that's just the basic's no special events. The mirage would likely average 32mpg around here (maybe even more), at 2.61 gallon that puts me a tiny over 16.00 a week vs 40.00 driving 200 miles. About 96.00 in gasoline alone, plus the cost of the wear and tear on the jeep, which there's two axles to do gear oil on, transfer case, transmission, 6 quarts of oil (rotella T6 it's the number one choice for the 4.0 jeep). If I can cut the mileage down in the Jeep to about 3-5k I can cut down to one oil change a year on it, tires could make 3-4 years. I can also cut the insurance for 3 months during the year and park it to cut costs (during the early spring/summer). A ruff guess would be gas/maint/ect savings $110 per month.

I do enjoy my Jeep, it is a beast in the snow, and has proven that fwd studded snow tire cars are great on plowed roads or mild snow but after 12+ inches accumulate and the "on street parking" for my apartment is not plowed or shoveled they become stuck easily, and spend a hour shoveling your fwd out and cleaning your parking spot, come home two hours later and there's a car parked in it. No problem with the jeep it just plows through it all.

I went to the dealer, test drove the mirage 5 speed es and it I felt sad that I really needed to shift at 3500 rpm to keep up with traffic, its a guilty feeling I get that I am hurting the engine, my jeep's torque monster straight 6 is happy at 1500 rpm and gets shifted at 2200, 2500-3000 if its frisky. I loved everything else about it, I had no problem getting on the highway, handling felt great for a small car, space was incredible for passengers, hatch area was the only small downside I found, I felt it's small (to be expected from a suv owner). But it did feel like it had so much more space inside than my cherokee or my civic, I felt very comfortable, I linked my phone and was jaming pandora before I left the lot, the clutch felt non existant... the easiest clutch I've ever felt in my life. I'll write more, off to work for now. They will call me tomorrow to see if I can get financed. The new york dealership won't stop calling me either, they pre approved me with 1,000 down and want me to buy theirs too but the civic has not sold yet.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Any news alex?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The dealership in nyc approved me for the used red one for 9k and still keep calling me wanting me to come get it off them but say they can't legally discuss the interest rate over the phone, only in person. The new car dealership is going try and finance me when their "special finance manager" comes in tomorrow, they should know something by noon. Civic still hasn't sold

I was told by the new car dealer that the transferable warranty only covers 5 years 60,000 miles on the used mirage. But who knows that might be their tactics to get me to buy their new mirage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    I would say ditch the both the jeep and the civic for the mirage. You will love the few bucks u need to fully top up the gas. Oil change interval for the Mirage is 20.000 km (International factory guide) will save you loads of money.

Other great option is to get a 2000-2003 Mitsubishi Galant. At least you will still have floor on it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I went without a Jeep around here last winter and it was awful, I spent hours shoveling out my civic just to get half ways up the mountain and get stuck like everyone else in fwd cars. Then when I get off work and come home, my shoveled out spot is taken, all the street parking has 10-14 inches of snow built up and I basically have to ram my civic into it just to put it somewhere, the next day shovel it out and do it all over. With my jeep in high 4wd, snow tires and limited slip differential it still has to do some rocking forwards and backwards to get out sometimes. The snow chains are a big pain putting on and taking off, I would like to put snow cables on my jeep (max speed 25mph with them on) and use it when I do local errands for those few weeks we have a lot of snow. It doesn't happen every year but you have to be prepared where I live, small town central Pennsylvania. I really do love the jeep and I would let go of it for a mirage if I didn't need it for the winter. Its great to have around for other things such as really bulky things like desks, beds, pulling out stuck cars in the snow such as the civic.

(I drove 130 miles to new jersey to pick up a bulk craigslist sale, like new bed still in plastic, led 32 tv, tv stand, dinner table w/chairs, dresser, vacuum cleaner, and more for $150 bucks. I averaged 22.4mpg@55mph not bad for a 4.0L 4x4 box)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    LOL ...... For 1100 bucks it's okay

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    1100 bucks?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The dealership with the new mirage called me and said I was approved. Going tomorrow to check out the details

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Signing the paperwork and my 14 is getting detailed and topped off.

Hey, conrats!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)