Thread: New purchase 2015 Red Mirage ES CVT in Pittsburgh PA

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Talking New purchase 2015 Red Mirage ES CVT in Pittsburgh PA

Happy, Healthy New Year to Everyone,

Just purchased a 2015 Mirage ES CVT a few days ago. Fun, safe, responsive, great fuel economy, good looking and you feel like you are a part of the vehicle itself when you are driving — I enjoy this car.

Back in 2007-2008, I waited 11 months on the smart car to arrive in the United States. Purchased the smart car in Feb 2008, the second owner in Western PA. I enjoy the smart car for the same reasons I enjoy the mirage es. The only vehicle left to complete my 3 cylinder fleet, is the ELIO, which I have on order and expect to receive by mid-2016.

Yes I have a 2012 Honda CR-V, which is practical, safe and "blah". I alway feel like I'm going to fall asleep when driving that vehicle — too smooth — No Fun at all, (that's why my wife has to drive it most of the time).

— Pgh Tom

2015 mitsubishi mirage es cvt
    2013 smart car fortwo
    1972 plymouth valiant
    (on order) 2016 Elio P5

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.0 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

Welcome, Pgh Tom!

Did you ever try the older triples? Metro, Justy? 1st gen Honda Insight was a very interesting car too. I had one for a couple of years.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Welcome to the site. Its good to have another happy Mirage owner here.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hi MetroMPG, I owned a GEO Metro automatic for almost 3 years, the body gave out and replaced it with a Honda civic.
    Hi Daox, yes I am a Happy Mirage owner. After having two smart cars, both my wife and I enjoy the hell out of them, it is very nice to have a mirage added to the fleet.
    2015 mitsubishi mirage es cvt
    2013 smart car fortwo
    1972 plymouth valiant
    (on order) 2016 Elio P5

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.0 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

Yes, rust was the Achilles heel of the Metros/Suzukis. Front control arm mount failure = junk yard! Many went to the crusher when there was still lots of life left in the drivetrains

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    congrats! I have owned a 2014 ES since march 2014. love the car no problems with it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Nice, I wanted red for my wife but settled with a white one. I just drove cross country and went through Pa on my way to MA. They whole entire trip I never saw one Mirage! Hope you like the Elio, I sat in one at the balloon fiesta they are cool