Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Australian Recall - Mirages manufactured prior to 26th Jan 2013 (wheel speed sensors)

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    yup.. seems it is a regional batch.

here's the part.. it just needs waterproof sealant.

http://oto.detik.com/read/2013/04/03...rus-diperbaiki

2. The Following User Says Thank You to arsu For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (04-04-2013)

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    This would never happen with my 1.0L Suzuki-designed car. No ABS/traction control, therefore no wheel speed sensors!
    Not a problem on my Suzuki van No ABS,traction control not evan power brakes

Country
    Australia
    Thanks

Accident

Quote Originally Posted by AntInOz View Post
    Hi guys, just a heads up to let you know that I just received a recall notification on my 2013 Mirage. The problem is listed as:

Admins, feel free to move this where you think most suitable. I am not overly stressed as I will just get it fixed at the dealer. If this has already been pointed out, feel free to delete.

hi there today I was in an accident due to the braking system on my new mirage the steering wheel pulled to one side hitting the car next to me. I have been trying for weeks to get my car in however get the same response parts are not here I would like to know if anyone else has had an accident due to the lack of service or help with this I was not hurt but the situation could have been far worse Mitsubishi response to me was to remain driving my vehicle to them even though I said it was unsafe as the braking system was not working properly, and as I use my car for my job I would have to find another way while they have my car. NOT HAPPY with this lack if safely let alone customer service

Hi, Rhi -

Sorry to hear about your situation!

Just to clarify.... could you describe what happened to you in more detail? What were the series of events that took place?

EG: roads were dry/wet? Road surface? Hard braking, light braking? Happened while turning or going straight ahead? What speed?

More info might help others in the same boat as you.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Yeah it was not a nice day,

The car has been doing it for a while on all road types didn't matter wet or dry if you broke wether it was light or quick the car was rough and really almost didn't stop.

Today was sunny and the road had a lot of mud as I was around a building site another care came towards me quickly (I have literally just pulled off the curb) maybe doing 5 -10kms and broke thinking the other car would hit me then the car wheel jerked to the left and I hit a parked car not a lot of damage to her but a lot to me the car wouldn't start property the wheel was then shaking and the brakes felt strange.... My partner drive the car the night prior and advised me to call Mitsubishi today (rang out) to tell them I was unhappy and the car was pulling to the left even while driving and the revs where high along with bad breaking times not even 24 hours later I was in an accident

I need to know if there have been any other accidents reports lady at Mitsubishi told me there has been nothing but problems with the batch but then service man was so rude and pretty much said sorry cant help other then pick it up if you refuse to drive it I will not pay for damage to myself or another for something that should have been fixed months ago

the car was pulling to the left even while driving
    That sounds odd - my understanding was the problem with the wheel sensor only potentially came into play when the brakes were applied.

Is the car at Mitsubishi now? Please keep us up to date with what happens.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    That's no good Rhi I would make Mitsu repair any damage that was caused. I wonder if the left side brake was not releasing and causing the car to pull to the left.

Country
    Australia
    Thanks

Mitsubishi’s Mirage recalled for brake, steering fix

Mitsubishi's recall. link here http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mell...257B650024E3EC

Small problem: Mitsubishi will inspect the wheel speed sensors in about 3300 Mirage city cars.

Water in a wheel sensor dampens Mitsubishi’s city-friendly Mirage

8 May 2013

By BARRY PARK

MITSUBISHI is recalling more than 3300 of its city-friendly Mirage hatchbacks after noticing the front wheel speed sensors didn’t like wet weather.

The Japanese car-maker has identified a problem with the sensor harness on the wheel, with moisture creeping in due to “insufficient waterproofing”.

In turn, this would “allow moisture to penetrate the sensor resulting in abnormal output signal”.

“This may result in various false warnings signals to illuminate on the dashboard,” Mitsubishi said in a document filed with the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission.

“In addition, the braking force could reduce and/or steering control could become unstable and pose a crash hazard to the driver and other road users.”

The car-maker said owners would be notified of the recall by letter, and invited to arrange an inspection and repair.

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Rhi, sorry to hear about your accident. Keep us informed if they admit it was related to a faulty sensor or not (mine goes in for the recall on the 21st).

I do have to add a word of caution though. If your car has been playing up for several days, especially steering or braking related: DONT DRIVE IT, it's not worth the risk.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage LS (Australia) 1.2 automatic: 34.8 mpg (US) ... 14.8 km/L ... 6.8 L/100 km ... 41.8 mpg (Imp)

Any news, Rhi?

So far, all of the reports of the Australian recall I've seen so far have said "no accidents have been reported" as a result of the speed sensor issue.