Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: ETACS tweaks?

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Hi someone have done a etacs tweaks for a mirage with a default keyfob here in our country.

The tweaks he did was
    while the car engine is on you may already lock the car and you may use the original key fob for auto start.

Name:  20200416_140701.jpg
Views: 767
Size:  58.9 KB

Not sure if this has been done here, log thread to backread sorry.

Not using any aftermarkets parts. But he told me it cant be done to a Manual tranny.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I changed tire circumference recently in both places it can be changed and didn't notice any change in what the speedometer reported, I was trying to fix the fact that it underreads by about 8kmh, does anyone know if it actually does anything at all?

Quote Originally Posted by skyblue View Post
    I changed tire circumference recently in both places it can be changed and didn't notice any change in what the speedometer reported, I was trying to fix the fact that it underreads by about 8kmh, does anyone know if it actually does anything at all?
    I haven't bothered doing anything about that. All our work cars and my own read about 6ish kph high.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

El Kapitan (06-20-2021)

I don't think the speedometer is directly tied to the odometer.

My speedometer reads ~5% high, but the odometer is dead accurate.

If the speedo is digitally driven, I suspect there's an offset programmed in.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Yeah, I'm sure the speedo needle or faceplate is just off. Odometer and speed from scan tool seems legit.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mitsumi View Post
    Hi someone have done a etacs tweaks for a mirage with a default keyfob here in our country.

The tweaks he did was
    while the car engine is on you may already lock the car and you may use the original key fob for auto start.

Not using any aftermarkets parts. But he told me it cant be done to a Manual tranny.
    if we can tweak it to open windows when holding the "unlock" button i'm all for it!

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    So I guess it's adjusting my odometer readings then, nevertheless the tire diameter was wrong anyway, for 165/65r14s anyway.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by basty2225 View Post
    putting in high power gives u additional in acceleration and with the combination with the tire circumfernce you will some changes.
    Hello basty2225 and welcome to the forum. You'll have to tell us about your Mirage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mitsumi View Post

The tweaks he did was

Plus 1 on this. Would be interested to enable this on my G4 2018 GLS. It sucks not being able to leave engine on and lock doors at the same time especially in hot countries.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gajeel View Post
    Plus 1 on this. Would be interested to enable this on my G4 2018 GLS. It sucks not being able to leave engine on and lock doors at the same time especially in hot countries.
    I have aftermarket power door locks so i dont have this problem. Do you have push to start? what stops you from locking the doors using the button on the door then closing them?

please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos