Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ETACS tweaks?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Does anyone know if the dealers will make minor tweaks under the warrantied adjustment period?
    The warranty manual only says this:
    ADJUSTMENT PERIOD
    Adjustments required as a result of a manufacturing deficiency
    are covered for 12 months or 12,000 odometer
    miles, whichever occurs first.
    I know this covers mechanical defects like the rear axle misalignment issues. It would be nice if they could program out the throttle delay and extend the AC compressor engagement interval without charging me for it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 38.6 mpg (US) ... 16.4 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Sure would be nice to be able to tweak #48..."tire circumference"...and get away from these cursed, hard-to-find 165/65-R14 trailer tires.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

gone.a (08-11-2016),MightyMirageMpg (06-24-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Have you ever driven on 13" tires? They were more common and affordable not that long ago, especially for cars of this size.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Have you ever driven on 13" tires? They were more common and affordable not that long ago, especially for cars of this size.
    Yeah, my old Metro had 13s. I still have a set of 13" 4x100 Honda or Kia wheels with really good studded tires that I hope will fit in a pinch. But it should not be necessary to go to a smaller wheel, or a larger one for that matter.

Since the parameter is "tire circumference", we could conceivably just set our ETACS to the circumference of a 185/60 tire, or a 175/65, or some other more readily available 14" tire.

I am sure this is how it's done with other markets that get 15" wheels to keep the instrumentation accurate, and it should work with any wheel size. It'd be a nice thing to be able to easily hack into!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I decided to order one of these cables, I'll let you guys know what happens.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ednevell For This Useful Post:

Daox (01-19-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Woo, nice.

What are you hoping to do with it?
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    Woo, nice.

What are you hoping to do with it?
    Fogs with running lights and tire size, I am currently running 175-65r14. fuel mileage is not accurate anymore LOL.

I am also going to be switching to 155-65r14.

Maybe just mess with stuff till my car wont run LOL.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ednevell For This Useful Post:

Daox (01-21-2016)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    when pressing the unlock button on the FAST (KOS) key, all doors are unlocked. Is it possible to program it to just open the driver's door only upon pressing the unlock button? I consider that w/ all doors unlocked at the same time to be a security risk..

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts

Remote lock behavior programming

From the 2015 Mirage manual.

Quote Originally Posted by Page 5-6 of the 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage Owner's Manual
    The door and liftgate unlock function can be set so that all doors and liftgate unlock when the UNLOCK button (2) is pressed once. Refer to “Setting of door and liftgate unlock function” on page 5-7.
    Lots to fiddle with:

Quote Originally Posted by Page 5-6 of the 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage Owner's Manual
    Answerback function
    The horn of the keyless entry system answerback function can be changed as required. This is done with the key removed from the ignition switch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Page 5-7 of the 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage Owner's Manual
    Note
    The answerback function will not operate if any of the doors are open.
    Quote Originally Posted by Page 5-7 of the 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage Owner's Manual
    Horn deactivation/reactivation
    The answerback function can be set in the following three ways.
    Each time the answerback function is set, a chime will sound to tell you the condition of the answerback function.

One chime: The horn will not sound.
    Two chimes: The horn will sound.
    Four chimes: The horn will sound if the LOCK button is pressed twice within 1 second.

1. Remove the key from the ignition switch.
    2. Open the driver’s door and turn the combination headlights and dimmer switch to the “OFF” position.
    3. Press the LOCK button (1) for 4 to 10 seconds and press the UNLOCK button (2) during this time.
    4. Release in sequence the UNLOCK and LOCK buttons within 10 seconds of pressing the UNLOCK button in step 3.
    Turn signal lights deactivation/
    reactivation

The turn signal lights answerback function can be changed.
    If you want to change the answerback function, please contact an authorized Mitsubishi Motors dealer.
    Setting of door and liftgate unlock function

The door and liftgate unlock function can be set to the following two conditions.
    Each time the door and liftgate unlock function is set, a chime will sound to tell you the condition of the door and liftgate unlock function.

Number of chimes Condition
    One chime All doors and the liftgate unlock
    Two chimes Driver’s door unlock only

1. Put the operation mode in OFF.
    2. Open the driver’s door and turn the combination headlights and dimmer switch to the “OFF” position.
    3. Press the LOCK button (1) for 4 to 10 seconds and press the UNLOCK button (2) during this time.
    4. Release in sequence the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons within 10 seconds of pressing the LOCK button in step 3.
    Hope that answers your question.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Eggman; 01-20-2016 at 10:57 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It would be nice to be able to turn off the beeping that occurs when you change the temperature for example.