Thread: Motor Week 2015 Mirage review

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Motor Week 2015 Mirage review

I think this is a fair review. I have always liked Motor Week and have been watching John Davis since I was 7 years old back when I had motor week on saturday mornings on the public access channel. I just wish they had tested the 5 speed, I am not a CVT fan, although the wifes lancer cvt has shown me cvt's are excellent to for people that cannot drive manual to get better mpg.

Also thanks for letting me know we have the video inserting feature metro.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The reason why, i think, reviewers pick the autotragic is because a chunk of the viewers who would look into our cars would actually buy autos...

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    I am seriously considering to exchange my manual to auto.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    This is the first review I've seen of a 2015, not 2014, Mirage.

I think they changed more than the antenna location and seat fabrics for model year 2015.

That slalom video above does NOT show the same amount of body roll as videos of the same sort of maneuvers performed in a 2014.

The motor mounts are slightly different in the 2015.

I'm half tempted to hit up the little used dealer in town that has a 2014, so I can look at them side by side. I think the changes are more than skin deep.

Also, I'd like to check the throttle opening on a CVT vs a 5 speed. I think the throttle opens slower on a CVT, based on the sound of the video above. If I should punch the throttle on my car, it doesn't hesitate or slowly open up. It just roars off, and if the traction control is off, I can easily spin the front tires on dry pavement. I think the CVT cars have the throttle set up differently, so that it doesn't snap open immediately when you stomp the gas.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    I was poking around youtube today and happened upon this review. I think its pretty fair.

I do like they tested the 0-60 and 1/4 miles times with their ES CVT model. Here are the numbers:

0-60: 11.7 seconds
    1/4 mile: 18.8 seconds @ 75 mph

Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)