Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It ain't easy being green: Mitsu ditches Kiwi Green Mirage in Canada, U.S.

It ain't easy being green: Mitsu ditches Kiwi Green Mirage in Canada, U.S.

Name:  mirage-green.jpg
Views: 2029
Size:  40.0 KB

I was sad when I noticed on Mitsu Canada's site that Kiwi Green was no longer an option for the 2015 model year.

But at least green remained as a 2015 choice on the U.S. website... a minor consolation that Mirage lovers south of the 49th still had the option.

I contacted Mitsu Canada to ask why my favourite colour (I picked it for the forum header image even!) was going away, and heard back from their PR guy:

I'm not sure the precise reason for Kiwi Green's departure -- likely a factory decision based on global popularity; sometimes it's also a supplier thing.
    I replied back that it seemed strange that Canada would lose it, but not the U.S. (Kiwi still appears in the 2015 vehicle description pages on the US media site, here.)

And heard back...

Kiwi was dropped in the U.S. too. Not sure why the website still shows it as available
    Green fans: sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

Anybody know if it's disappearing in other countries as well?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Switzerland
    Thanks
    well, this suckz!

Hope my green Mirage is ok after my vacation (I have handed it over to a be rented temporarily)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.8 mpg (US) ... 20.3 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.3 mpg (Imp)

Collector's item!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    There's one on the dealership lot in Thunder Bay On.
    Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I told several dealerships I contacted that I strictly wanted kiwi green. Sadly though I only found one and the trade in offer was not wise to take. Regardless I will continue to save and buy a used mirage within the next year or so and have it custom painted kiwi green (if it isn't already).

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I voted for this color few hundred thousand times.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The Cars.com shows 400 registered 2015 Kiwi Green Mirages out of almost 3000 with specified color.

Country
    New Zealand
    Thanks

Some Background on Kiwi .a Kiwi

Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Name:  mirage-green.jpg
Views: 2029
Size:  40.0 KB

I was sad when I noticed on Mitsu Canada's site that Kiwi Green was no longer an option for the 2015 model year.

But at least green remained as a 2015 choice on the U.S. website... a minor consolation that Mirage lovers south of the 49th still had the option.

I contacted Mitsu Canada to ask why my favourite colour (I picked it for the forum header image even!) was going away, and heard back from their PR guy:

I replied back that it seemed strange that Canada would lose it, but not the U.S. (Kiwi still appears in the 2015 vehicle description pages on the US media site, here.)

And heard back...

Green fans: sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

Anybody know if it's disappearing in other countries as well?
    Just some background for anyone interested.
    In New Zealand, the land of the Kiwi the green is not called "Kiwi Green" (its called "Wasabi Green")

The reference on kiwi green as you already know comes from the kiwi fruit which is not actually a kiwi - it was something we stole from the Chinese (How good is that!) it was originally called a Chinese gooseberry but we renamed it Kiwi fruit because it resembles our national bird "the Kiwi".
    Kiwis are actually brown but the word kiwi means "grey" in native NZ Maori which is the colour the kiwi would appear in its natural environment.

"Kiwi Grey" would be a possibility!

The green is still shown as available in New Zealand and I have seen lots of them around

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jid For This Useful Post:

CLARK (01-06-2015),Daox (01-06-2015),Mikhail (01-08-2015)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Here in my city, green is not a very popular color. I think i only saw one green mirage and We have lots of mirages here, most buyers go for red or gray.

Heres a pic of one of our car group meets. I own the white mirage

11. The Following User Says Thank You to GooneyGooney For This Useful Post:

beerbelly58 (01-06-2015)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    They sent all the green cars to Germany!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2012 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 33.3 mpg (US) ... 14.1 km/L ... 7.1 L/100 km ... 40.0 mpg (Imp)