Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disabling a/c compressor on defrost

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I just press the defrost button. The temperature and air speed are automatically controlled.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah I did the same thing but I could feel the compressor coming on at random times when trying to defrost, you can also hear the electric fan come on when outside. I would click the ac button to over ride it and it still came on. My civic did a similar thing with the recirculating air mode when turned on defrost, it would always switch to fresh and I would have to select fresh air again, the mirage won't let me select circulate when in defrost but the heater works really good so it's not a issue.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Did you guys ever come up with a way to disable the A/C?
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Pulling the fuse is the best method I found. The automatic climate control has a mind of its own even when you turn off the ac. The fuse takes only a minute to remove although I'll be putting mine back in today to cycle the compressor (should have cycled it once a month but forgot)
    2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I think i miss something here. During defrost in manual mode, i can turn off the a/c and it seems that the compressor is not kicking. I tried it again yesterday and i can turn off a/c during defrost.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    For some reason mine would, I frequently switch from defrost to vent over ride though. Each time you have to manually turn off the a/c. I think my compressor was still cycling on defrost with the a/c icon off.

2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .