Thread: Cant put gas in...

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Cant put gas in...

Sorry if this has been posted already but I looked through quite a few pages and did some searching and I'm not getting anywhere. I recently purchased a 2014 that has an issue with filling the gas tank. I've been on youtube and have a pretty good idea of the different places to look for an obstruction in the evaporative emissions system but I was hoping someone on here has maybe dealt with all this before and could give me some pointers. Any advice would be much appreciated.

I have t heard of that issue with these cars before.

Does it have any check engine light?

One shot in the dark is a vent valve on the charcoal canister that’s stuck closed. You might be able to test that by just unplugging it next time you need to fill up.
    The charcoal canister is vented via a hose that goes up towards the fuel tank and into the body. It might be plugged but, doubtful but you never know.

I’ve seen the wires to the vent solenoid break where it goes up the to bumper and the odd one corrode at the solenoid on the canister but they didn’t have filling up issues that I know of.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 675 Posts
    I insert only the tip of the gas pistol, and hold it in an almost vertical angle. That way it is easier to fill.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to foama For This Useful Post:

mohammad (01-28-2024)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Sorry for taking so long to reply ya'll. Life's got me busier than a one legged man in an a$$ kickin contest. I've had a bad run of vehicle luck lately but now that i finally got my pickup back I should be able to work on the Mirage. Thanks for the advice.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tinycarman For This Useful Post:

Fummins (03-01-2024)