Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Mirage Model, New Mirage Sport Edition in Indonesia

Country
    Indonesia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

New Mirage Model, New Mirage Sport Edition in Indonesia

Hi All,

Here i present you the New Mirage Sport Edition in Indonesia. From my personal thought the Mitsubishi mirage is trying to penetrate the market share for younger age who love more fun and fresh look car here in Indonesia. In the particular market we already have Toyota Yaris, Honda Jazz, Suzuki Swift, VW Golf etc. From their press interview in television automotive news, the Mitsubishi Indonesia Chairman said that the accessories is limited to the car, and will not sell freely as an upgrade accessories for the existing owner of Mitsubishi mirage .
    here is the image taken from Indonesia Mitsubishi website http://www.ktb-mitsubishimotors.co.i...ur-cars/mirage

Last edited by lend3; 01-22-2015 at 05:36 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lend3 For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (01-22-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I wonder if they got the inspiration for that blackout bumper from us! I'm considering peeling off the plasti dip and using permanent paint, since I've grown to like the look so much.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)

lend3 - thanks for posting that.

I think the LED foglight surround would probably sell well around here as aftermarket.

What do you think of the "Sporty Stripes?" The stripe doesn't follow any of the car's body lines!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That LED fog light surround looks like something that could be made yourself.

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    my guess, they try to create some illusion with it, to makes the car looks like it's having more sharp edge something like lambo , instead of curvy edge like our standard mirage. because the can change the rear bumper and front bumper, but the cant change the door design.
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    lend3 - thanks for posting that.

I think the LED foglight surround would probably sell well around here as aftermarket.

What do you think of the "Sporty Stripes?" The stripe doesn't follow any of the car's body lines!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lend3 For This Useful Post:

poorman1 (11-07-2016)

Phantasmagoria
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It looks great, but I am just a little surprised they didn't beef up the engine/transmission for a sport model.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 43.1 mpg (US) ... 18.3 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Lead3 ,,,,, that's a real sharp Mirage!!!!!! That would make a big HIT here in the USA if Mitsubishi would send that car over here!!!! They need to sell that up grade here!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    They should have trailed that stripe off the front wheel arch down the bodyline and faded it off before the tail lights. For a sport model I was hoping for a turbo 1.0 or atleast a bigger N/A engine. I know they don't have a lot of room to work with under the hood, but since they used the rallyart colors they could have atleast added a some hood vents and some more aggressive looking head lamps, maybe even some factory eyelids inside the plastic casing. I know this car is on a diet and a tight budget so I wasn't expecting a whole lot for a sports package, but they could have done some cheap mods to make it attract more young buyers.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Don't particularly like it, the Mirage is all about being frugal! A sport model would be fine if they focused on the suspension and wheels, but I think the sport model should come second to a Eco model with 1.0 option and euro spec 5th gear, possibly a few aero tweaks like smaller mirrors?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by alex16 View Post
    smaller mirrors?
    I wonder if someone could customize a mirror cap with less drag, almost have it extend to a point in the front to have the wind roll off it instead of press into it. It would be a really neat project to see exactly how aerodynamic you can modify one of these cars.