Well, after replacing the front speakers and adding a subwoofer under the passenger seat, I have been very pleased with the sound of the stereo in my Mirage. However, things have changed. I now have to fit a car seat in my back seat which leaves me with 2 options.

1. Put the car seat behind the driver's seat, but the driver's seat has to be moved forward several notches making driving uncomfortable. or......

2. Put the car seat behind the passenger seat, but the only way I can do this is to remove the subwoofer from under the passenger seat since the sub currently does not allow the seat to be moved from it's far back position.

So here are the solutions that I could do;

1. remove the under seat subwoofer and replace the stock back speakers with shallow mount (there is only 3" of mounting depth available) 6 1/2" subwoofers. or....

2. replace the existing Polk Audio 8" subwoofer in the box under the seat with a shallow mount sub so that the passenger seat can be moved from it's current far back position without hitting the subwoofer.

I am leaning more and more to replacing the current subwoofer with a shallower one and keep the subwoofer box under the passenger seat. I really love the sound of the current setup and I am afraid that if I put the 6 1/2" subwoofers in the back doors, I will loose the rear fill from the factory rear speakers, the 6 1/2" subs will not put out the same output that I currently see, and the 6 1/2" subs will cause rattles in the back doors.

So what do y'all think I should do?