Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is available for aftermarket suspension parts for the Mirage?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts

What is available for aftermarket suspension parts for the Mirage?

A lot of the reviewers dislike the soft suspension setup of the Mirage / Space Star. I can relate, I like a stiffer suspension myself. So, I was wondering what is available out there for aftermarket parts?

I'm thinking springs, bigger sway bars, chassis stiffeners, and the like. These few and simple to install parts can drastically change how a car feels and make even a non-sporty car much much more fun to drive.

Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Years ago, I went through a bunch of 1st generation VW Golfs (Rabbit). I had a set of chassis braces/stiffeners and a beefy rear anti-roll bar that I would move from car to car whenever I got a new (OK, used) one! Those parts made a noticeable difference in tightening up handling and were super easy to put on.

I'm sure there have to be aftermarket parts coming for the Mirage, if they're not available already.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I emailed Whiteline, an Australian aftermarket suspension parts maker, and asked them if they have anything in the works, or planned for the Mirage. I'll let you guys know what I hear back from them. They make some pretty nice parts. I've bought from them before.

If you guys want to suggest some other makers, I can contact them too, or feel free to contact them and share with us.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    This is Whiteline's reply:

At this stage you are the first to ask for any items for this car.

We usually live on demand when it comes to development and we at this stage have had to concentrate on the popular tuner models like the Evo,WRX,Skylines, BRZ, and Toyota 86 etc and have a huge development list at present.

Also we find allot of owners of the Mirage do not modify them often until they are a bit older and used some warranty time.

We will develop parts for them but it would more than likely be later in the year at this stage.

So, if you have interest in aftermarket handling bits for this car you might want to poke Whiteline and let them know there is interest.

Are any of you interested in handling modifications?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (03-27-2013)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    I installed insulators for the rear springs. Its a 3pc material made of rubber which you insert in between the coils of the springs. Stiffen the rear ride a bit. Installed it in 5 mins. ü

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    So, if you have interest in aftermarket handling bits for this car you might want to poke Whiteline and let them know there is interest.
    Great idea to give Whiteline a nudge as they do some great stuff and have been around a very long time.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah, unfortunately they seem quite resistant to developing anything at the moment. I've traded a few more emails back and forth with them and each time they have said they're quite busy with developing other vehicle's products and won't have time for anything else for some time. I said that is fine. We probably won't have enough interest for some time to make it worth their while.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I was just poking around the internet this morning and found that Ultra Racing makes a decent line of Mirage chassis braces and a rear sway bar.

More info here:
    http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthr...!-Ultra-Racing

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I also found that Tein has a coilover kit and a spring kit for the Mirage.

More info here:
    http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthr...vers-from-Tein!

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    any new items for this? other aftermarket parts? its 2016 and still has a few?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)