Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New user and owner of fantastic space star!

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    You bought the car for the same reason as me. Ultra complete for the least price, plus it consumes less fuel compared to the other brands.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Italy
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by m4v3r1ck View Post
    A ha ... I bought short antenna from Autostyle and the radio is so crappyyyyy
    ..I'm sorry for you... I tested mine in town, maybe out it is not so good, but I wish

Country
    Italy
    Thanks
    You bought the car for the same reason as me. Ultra complete for the least price, plus it consumes less fuel compared to the other brands.
    Yes You right.
    My Super Star is bifuel, LPG type, also in holland do you have?

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    No, unfortunately no bifuel. Would love it though. Makes your total range to what? 800 KM?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Italy
    Thanks
    No, unfortunately no bifuel. Would love it though. Makes your total range to what? 800 KM?
    ...only with LPG around 500 KM....

Quote Originally Posted by giordano View Post
    Hi Darin...sorry for my English writing.....
    It's perfectly clear.

I tried Volkswagen "up!" and GreatWall "voleex 20" Nissan "micra"
    I wish I could try an Up! Most of the European reviewers seem to prefer its driving characteristics over the Mirage. VW does not sell the Up in Canada -- they always hint they might bring over their smaller cars than a Golf, but never do.

Voleex 20! We also have no Chinese cars here (except the Honda Fit, which was made in a Chinese factory)...

The Micra was just re-introduced in Canada for 2015 model year -- it is outselling the Mirage by 3 to 1! Why? More powerful, better handling, VERY cheap base price, bigger dealership network. The Micra caused Mitsubishi to slash the price of the base Mirage to match the Micra: Price war in Canada: base Mirage now $9998 (plus delivery, dealer fees, etc.)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Italy
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    It's perfectly clear.

I wish I could try an Up! Most of the European reviewers seem to prefer its driving characteristics over the Mirage. VW does not sell the Up in Canada -- they always hint they might bring over their smaller cars than a Golf, but never do.

Voleex 20! We also have no Chinese cars here (except the Honda Fit, which was made in a Chinese factory)...

[/URL]
    ...My father get one up! so I really Know that car. I like it, good quality overall. VW did a very good job, exterior design is simple but at same time aggressive, interior very modern and fresh but spartan in terms of accessories more or less important: at the seme price oh Mirage, the up! has no rear electric windows, safety belts not adjustable in height, no keyless system, no automatic lights and windshield wiper, no alloy wheels, no front fog, no automatic clima, no usb....
    Onestly the feeling to drive up! it is better than Mirage, but up! is not absolutely most silent than Mirage.The trim on up! seems a little bit safe and stable, maybe just because up! it is a bit more low, Anyway I can not say that in VW they arw luky, they work hard and well, but in Mitsubishi too.
    Voleex...cheap and goodlokking, nice iside with a 1600cc 16 valve 4 disc brakes, but no ESP standard!!! The engine (Euro 4 instead of 5, more ecological) it is not good with LPG so they had to put a sort of injector to lubrificate the use of it and I really didn't like that false solution....too bad because the look is fine.
    Any way I am very proud of my Super Star, the only thing I want to do is to change wheelc from14" to 15", just because I wish that in this way the bigger wheel will stand nearest the fender and I prefer to look the car in this mode. Do you think changing the wheels can I accomplish this?

Does the 1.2L Mirage come with 15 inch wheels in Italy? (Not in North America. But it does in other countries.)

I also prefer the look of the 15's for the same reasons: more proportional, they fill the wheel well better. But I like the 14's because they are slightly more fuel efficient.

See thread: How wheel & tire size and style affect Mirage fuel economy/mileage

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Bikerfreind
    Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    Yes You right.
    My Super Star is bifuel, LPG type, also in holland do you have?
    Hi Giordano

Did your Mirage come with LPG?
    Could you post some pictures, aswell with some information about the system?

I think there a a few of the members here who would be interested to see it (there are a few threads about LPG but not a complete one with a lot of details..)

?

http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthr...n-after-market

http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthr...hailand)/page2

http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthr...age-on-LPG-GPL

Country
    Italy
    Thanks

LPG Space Star (mirage)

Quote Originally Posted by uheym View Post
    Hi Giordano

Did your Mirage come with LPG?
    Could you post some pictures, aswell with some information about the system?

I think there a a few of the members here who would be interested to see it (there are a few threads about LPG but not a complete one with a lot of details..)

?

http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthr...n-after-market

http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthr...hailand)/page2

http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthr...age-on-LPG-GPL
    Hi, the LPG system is mounted by BRC Italia http://www.brc.it and guaranteed by Mitsubishi Italia. Now it is 1 year that I have my "MIRAGE" and I have done 35000Km with any problems...but not often it is turn on the engine light alert so my trusted mechanic ( from MITSUBISHI) told me that the reason is LPG: some times I have to use gasoline mode because the carburation can suffer about that. I suppose this is not properly a good thing for the engine in terms of life duration, but for me it is ok because I do a lot of kilometers day by day and LPG it is cheap, than I think I am going to change car in the next two year....if you need more information, please ask.
    Ciao

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to giordano For This Useful Post:

Daox (03-11-2016),Eggman (03-11-2016)