Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you like the factory/stock stereo in your Mirage?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Im happy with it. Not amazed but not disappointing.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I hate it. But, I'm sure its only cause I'm used to always having an aftermarket stereo. This is my first new car and all my other older Mirages I could easily install a single or double din stereo. But I think I'm going to wait with this one until a decent affordable stereo dash kit is available. It will cost too much to have a stereo shop custom fit a stereo for me. Maybe I'll just upgrade the speakers for now.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I just upgraded mine to an entry level PIoneer coax, it's way clearer but i underestimated the HU wattage output. I should have gotten a much better speakers than an entry level. The speakers started to distort at mid level.

BTY since noone had told me the size of the speakers, i took a shot at just buying a 6.5" for all doors, and i got lucky. THe Factory size are 6.5" but youll have to make a custom mount, which i did. ill post photos when i upgrade the speakers again.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to pureflipking For This Useful Post:

socal6g (12-08-2013)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    that is some good info. What are the specs of the speakers you bought

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by socal6g View Post
    that is some good info. What are the specs of the speakers you bought
    This is the speakers i upgraded to, but more like a very slight upgrade lol.
    http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...ries/TS-G1644R

Ill invest on Infinity by Harman later, that is if i dont end up picking up the 2015 Audi A3

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    And it's a big upgrade? Wow ... anyway am happy with Hertz speakers, they're of a very good quality.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by m4v3r1ck View Post
    And it's a big upgrade? Wow ... anyway am happy with Hertz speakers, they're of a very good quality.
    If your talking about the speakers, the sound quality was a big upgrade, but until you get louder, the pioneer cant keep up with the factory HU. I know this because the High's doesnt distort at all, just the lows. But like i said, ill probably sound proof the car and upgrade it to Infinity speakers, if not JBL or POlk. But whichever the case, i'm impressed with the HU power output.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    What kind of mount did you have to make?

PIX!

I'm honestly quite surprised that I like the current (stock) setup. However, I have not used the radio yet as the dealership forgot to install the antenna. :facepalm:

I've been using my Phone connected via bluetooth, and the music sound crisp enough with enough bass for a stock system. It may also be my phone's awesome sound quality.

However, I came from a car with about 1000w RMS worth of subwoofer. Not sure if a single 12" sub box would fit.

If not, I'll just sell the subs, look for 6.5s with great bass, and plug them in a 4channel amp.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have an ES with Navigation. I wasn't expecting much in the way of stereo from the car, but I have to admit that I have been pleasantly surprised. Playing briefly with some of the settings yielded some pretty good sounds.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Philippine GLS spec models come with a touchscreen model with navigation. Lots of features, but overall, it's awful. Probably the only thing I hate about the car. Not that sound quality is bad (not some golden ears listener hear, so I'm now picky), but the thing is really hard to use. It's really hard to manipulate because it's unintuitive and unresponsive.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2012 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 33.3 mpg (US) ... 14.1 km/L ... 7.1 L/100 km ... 40.0 mpg (Imp)