Thread: Subs advice?

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Subs advice?

I want to install subs, and my box of 12's from my previous vehicle nearly takes up the whole hatch. I'm looking to do as small as possible. Perhaps a bazooka tube? I'm also looking for suggestions on the amp placement. My previous amp was drilled into the back of my seats so I could have easy visible access from the trunk.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    http://www.amazon.com/Infinity-Bassl...sin=B000063TJY

This is what I am looking into getting. They have good reviews and lots of bass for their size, and I am sure with a small car they will be even better!

A tube will actually be bulky and take up more space unless its mounted to the back of the back seat facing up. This might be able to be mounted to the passenger hatch area side.

The basslink also comes with a remote to easily adjust the bass on the fly and can be wired into the factory radio with speaker wire signal inputs.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Car Guru
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Keep in mind that nothing small is going to put out the same amount of bass that your 12's would put out, unless you shell out a lot of money.

For a little more low end, I mounted an 8" sub under the passenger seat in a custom enclosure that I made. For a little more low end, you could add an 8" sub to each of the back doors, but it needs to be a shallow mount (you only have 3" of depth on the back doors), and you would need to build some kind of enclosure into the doors to keep the rattles down.

As far as the amp location, I have mine located under the driver's seat. But, you MUST be VERY careful if you decide to screw the amp to the floor as fuel and brake lines are under the floor in this area. I am using velcro to hold the amp in place. It would still be easy to steal, but if no one knows I have a sub then the chances of someone breaking into my car to steal something they can't see or hear(the only time I crank it is when I'm cruising on the highway) is slim to none.

Certified holder of useless car knowledge.