Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Photos: Mirage sedan (Attrage) rebranded as "Dodge Attitude" for Mexico

sedan outsold the hatch last month

The sedan sales are picking up in Mexico:

Momentum for the Dodge brand remains strong with 2,310 units sold in April, a 15 percent increase from April 2014. The Dodge Attitude claims the top spot with 1,235 units sold
    It outsold the hatch by a wide margin (479 in April). Though the two cars are sold by different brands (Mitsu = hatch; Dodge = sedan).

Source: https://www.einnews.com/pr_news/2631...ase-16-percent

I wonder if these numbers hint at the possible success of the Mirage sedan in the U.S. next year.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I sure wish they would announce something about the sedan coming to the US. I know they "said" they were but still nothing since :/

The latest word that I've seen about the sedan is from Mitsu Canada:

A sedan version of today’s Mitsubishi Mirage hatchback is coming to Canada in 2016; it will be called the Mitsubishi Mirage G4.
    That was on March 18, 2015. Source: http://www.mitsubishi-motors-pr.ca/c...ines-eco-driv1

If it's coming to Canada, it's definitely coming to the U.S., too. The Canadian subcompact sedan market isn't big enough to justify bringing it here while skipping the U.S.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    If it's coming to Canada, it's definitely coming to the U.S., too. The Canadian subcompact sedan market isn't big enough to justify bringing it here while skipping the U.S.
    Canada gets the Nissan Micra and we (the US) don't. I don't know the details of the how/why on that, I presume it's a "doesn't meet US safety standards" issue.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.1 mpg (US) ... 18.7 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 52.9 mpg (Imp)

The Micra situation is entirely a marketing decision. It actually could technically be sold in the U.S. (Canadian safety/emission regulations are practically identical to the U.S., with just a couple of minor differences. The Micra is built on the same drivetrain & platform and in the same factory as the U.S. Versa sedan & Note.) Nissan explained their reasoning like this: Americans generally prefer sedans; Canadians prefer hatchbacks. Case in point: the Versa sedan is the bestselling subcompact in the U.S., but it sold very poorly in Canada. So the Versa sedan was dropped in Canada and replaced by the Micra.

The Mirage sedan will also probably not sell well in Canada compared to the hatch -- so there's no financial justification to bringing it only to Canada ... unless they've already made plans to bring it to the U.S. as well.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

wellswebdesign (05-04-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks for the info. Not the first time (nor last, I'm sure!) that I'll be wrong.

It surprises me that the US prefers sedans to hatchbacks. Hatchbacks are closer in looks/style to the SUV's we Americans seem to be so fond of. The Mirage sedan is so... generic looking, to me.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.1 mpg (US) ... 18.7 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 52.9 mpg (Imp)

Agreed. I read a funny comment recently: automakers have finally figured out how to get Americans to buy hatchbacks.... jack 'em up and call 'em "Crossovers" or "CUV's".

For some reason, one of the big car blogs just realized the Attitude exists and posted this oddly endearing report:

Meet the Dodge Attitude, The Adorable Baby Charger Americans Can't Buy

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (12-27-2021)

Haha that's funny! Slap a Dodge grill on the Mirage and it becomes a baby Charger! Silly blog, Americans CAN in fact already buy it, in hatchback and sedan form, talk about being spoiled for 3a92! The Mirage, sorry the Attitude, is perfect for Mexico.

This reminds me of the old DSM Diamond Star Motors saga of the 90s, Chrysler Mitsubishi colabs, funny how now the final remnants left are Mitsubishi/Dodge Mirage/Attitude. I guess some things never change, or do they?

Mitsubishi 3000GT -> Dodge Stealth
    Mitsubishi Eclipse -> Plymouth Laser -> Eagle Talon

It's nice to see the Mirage get some love!
    Last edited by davidricardo86; 12-27-2021 at 07:45 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to davidricardo86 For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (12-27-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    So are they selling the Dodge Attitude's in Belgium, according to this thread?

In Mexico too you can get a G4 as a Mitsu, or get it as a Dodge new. Why don't they make Dodge Attitude hatchbacks? Weird coincidence that Dodge would team up with Mitsubishi again with a hidden import subcompact.

I wonder in countries with G4s for sale and Attitude/Space Star/Attrages also for sale, I just think that is like the Ford Taurus/Mercury Sable thing, basically the same car, you end up eating your own chips.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)