Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Photos: Mirage sedan (Attrage) rebranded as "Dodge Attitude" for Mexico

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Mitsubishi Mirage sedan (Attrage, G4) is a 2015 Dodge Attitude in Mexico

Whereas the 2006 to 2014 Dodge Attitude was a rebadged Hyundai Accent, the 2015 Attitude [is based on the Mirage sedan]

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/pub...etaile701.html

http://noticias.autocosmos.com.mx/20...e-157900-pesos

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/20...ery-91780.html

Attached Images Attached Images      

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mikhail For This Useful Post:

Daox (02-02-2015),MetroMPG (01-31-2015),vintzend (01-26-2022)

Here's the Google Translate version of Mitsu's Japanese press release...

July 1, 2014
    Chrysler de Mexico
    Mitsubishi Motors Corporation

For a new contract of Mitsubishi Motors and Chrysler Mexico, Inc.
    Mitsubishi Motors, and supply the Global Compact sedan to Chrysler Mexico, Inc.

Mitsubishi Motors (following MMC, Location: Tokyo, Minato-ku, Chairman and CEO: Mashiko Osamu) and Chrysler Mexico, Inc. (Chrysler de Mexico following CdM, Location: Mexico City CEO: Bruno Kattori) is, MMC Global Compact sedan (Mitsubishi car name "ATTRAGE (Atoraju)" the the CdM for vehicle that is based), today announced that it has signed a five-year supply contract from November 2014.

This vehicle is put into is one B segment market of maximum category, which accounts for 23 percent of the 2013 Mexico automobile market (sales 2013 250 000 or more units).

Mitsubishi Motors Corp. Chairman and CEO Osamu Masuko is, "With this agreement, the us and the good relations of until now and Chrysler Mexico, Inc., as well as to further strengthen, our Global Compact sedan is, even in the Mexican market, as well as Asia and ASEAN market accepted, and we expect that it us extend the sales. I said ".

Chrysler Mexico, CEO Bruno Kattori is, "We started the handling of Mitsubishi cars in Mexico market from 2003, came success. I've come to build a relationship with Mitsubishi Motors through its collaboration, this new agreement, so far It is believed to be in the relationship stronger. I said ".

In addition, "With this new compact sedan introduced, Chrysler Mexico Inc., the competitive products that meet the needs of our customers, I think that can be added to the line-up." Was added.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Mikhail (02-01-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    This makes sense from the very little I know about Mexico. I actually just got back from a week long trip to Mexico. While there, I didn't see any Mitsubishis, but I did see a fair amount of Chrysler vehicles. Good on Mitsu for tapping another market without even having to have many (any?) dealers there.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    1.2-liter three-cylinder engine that makes 79 horsepower and 78 lb-ft. of torque

Dodge's newest sedan returns 47 mpg in the city and over 63 mpg on the highway in its most efficient configuration.

More power and more MPG?!

If only it was a hatchback! I'm not a big sedan fan!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    I love the sedans, @alex16 what makes you loves the hatchback besides that it's easier to park?
    I love luxury looks, all of the luxury cars are sedans, mercedes benz, BMW, rolls royce, jaguar, etc etc

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    In the picture you can see the lack of automatic climate control, is that just from having no a/c? What do non a/c Mirages have in place? Is taking away the automatic climate control a sign of things to come for Mirages in other markets?

No a/c in Mexico seems pretty crazy not to be standard. An aftermarket cd player that looks 15 years old seems very highschooler.

Quote Originally Posted by alex16 View Post
    1.2-liter three-cylinder engine that makes 79 horsepower and 78 lb-ft. of torque

Dodge's newest sedan returns 47 mpg in the city and over 63 mpg on the highway in its most efficient configuration.

More power and more MPG?!

If only it was a hatchback! I'm not a big sedan fan!
    Are those power and torque numbers correct? The auto evolution article states different.

Despite the added Dodge-ness, customers only get a Mitsubishi 1.2-liter three-banger with 76 HP and 74 lb-ft (100 Nm) of torque, mated to either a five-speed stick shift tranny or a CVT box.
    Could this more powerful and fuel efficient 1.2l i3 be the new engine also coming to USA later this year for the 2016 sedan and hatchback? Or are the mpg ratings for Mexican cars different like the Euro mpgs?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    They probably removed automatic climate control to reduce the price of the car. There are a lot more options for small & inexpensive cars in Mexico than in the US.

Mexican MPG ratings are different than in the US.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Here's a Mexican overview/link of the Attitude, with Google translate to English, below...

http://noticias.autocosmos.com.mx/20...e-157900-pesos

2015 Dodge Attitude comes to Mexico from $ 157.900 pesos

Allows the brand to compete again in the largest segment of the Mexican market

27/01/2015 -- Mérida, Yucatán.

It is not new to anyone that the US firm Dodge never had a proper product which could compete in the most important segment of the Mexican market, ie the subcompact.

However, this situation did not prevent the brand in our country he managed to participate in a category that clearly is strategic in Mexico. So he turned to the Korean manufacturer Hyundai to market in 2004 Verna by Dodge. A couple of years later, in 2006 and until 2011 was sold the first Attitude, who was none other than a previous generation Hyundai Accent. In 2012 the Accent was renewed again and consequently also the Attitude, already a much better sedan made ​​in terms of design, finishes and equipment, which was positioned slightly above its predecessor, however the arrival of the manufacturer Korean to Mexico independently Dodge left as in other segments without an exponent in the subcompact sedans.

For 2015, Dodge is completely focused on re-fill the spaces termination of its agreement with Hyundai left.
    And although its nature distinctly American brand means that no copies in the subcompact segment, Chrysler of Mexico makes use of all resources at its disposal either by FIAT or as in the case of this resurrected Attitude which is now provided by the Japanese manufacturer Mitsubishi.

The Dodge Attitude 2015 then and as we had anticipated a few months ago , is the sedan in other markets is marketed as Mitsubishi Attrage
    and that is none other than the variant of three bodies newcomer to our market Mirage is a hatchback.

This means that share mechanics, ie the same three-cylinder 1.2-liter engine with 76 hp and 74 lb-ft of torque that can be attached to manual transmission 5-speed automatic or CVT.

Depending on the version, the Attitude 2015 offers ABS, EBD, front bags, glass and mirrors, boot and system access through smart key, steering wheel controls, Bluetooth interface, USB, radio Sony removable cover and air conditioning. The trunk meanwhile offers 450 liters of capacity.

It should be mentioned that the rebadge (these minor cosmetic adjustments to make it look like Dodge and not as Mitsubishi) is better able to
    grill centers, wheels, steering wheel and even key will never have the emblem Dodge and is not anywhere ( while not destapemos a mechanical component) and one three-diamond logo, which in previous Attitude did not happen, as we could see the Italian Hyundai H everywhere.

First contact

The Attitude is its main strengths in the excellent space for rear occupants, good level of equipment in relation to its rivals like Chevrolet Aveo , Volkswagen Gol Sedan , Nissan Tiida or Hyundai Grand i10 Sedan . Depending on the brand, this small sedan is capable of delivering returns of up to 27 km / l on the road and although we have to see how much delivery in real conditions, the fact is that it should be an interesting figure.

The accelerations are definitely not his forte, but we must make it clear that is not designed for that and instead itself was designed to be a spacious, flexible, durable vehicle and should offer low operating costs.

No doubt that the CVT transmissions have improved greatly in recent times and is that even though in this case is coupled to a small motor and very little torque generally offers more than decent performance. It does not feel slow or costing well exploit the torque, but as we approach the tachometer red zone if you filter more noise from the ideal to the carrier.

The 2015 Dodge Attitude reaches well positioned below the newcomer Vision as the most accessible within the range of the brand sedan, the prices are:

Dodge Attitude SE Manual - $ 157.900 pesos

- Dual Air Bags
    - ISOFIX
    - Three-point belts in 5 places
    - System of Access and on with smart key
    - Steel Wheels 14 "
    - Sony Radio with USB
    - 2 speakers
    - Interface Bluetooth
    - Trip computer

Dodge Attitude SE Automatic - $ 177.900 pesos
    Added:
    - ABS
    - EBD

Manual SXT Dodge Attitude - $ 187.900 pesos
    Added:
    - Fog lights
    - Alloy Wheels 15 "
    - Front and rear electric windows
    - Electric outside mirrors Body color
    - Handles the body color
    - Leather-wrapped steering wheel

Attitude Dodge SXT Automatic - $ 199.900 pesos

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    The dodge is already being sold in Belgium for 13.900 euro for the base model. In the Netherlands it will not be imported since we Dutch guys don't like sedans. It will probably being sold to persons that presently drive Lada or Dacia..

Mitsubishi Space Star Bright 2015

13. The Following User Says Thank You to bjacobs For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (02-04-2015)