Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CNBC Horrible review

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Foama,,,,, I loved your post and I fully agree!!!!!! That guy couldn't fit in the front seat let alone give his opinion of our Great Mirage!!!!!!! My sales man was what SOLD me on the Mirage !!!! He was at least 350 POUNDER!!!!! And with me and my wife and dog we FLEW down the road like a Blue Rocket!!!!!!Name:  image.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  90.9 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Posting my two default responses:
    - With the US economy continuing to fail with no recovery in sight, THIS is the car we need to be buying. Not financing a $50000 lexus because we "desrve" them.
    - The user reviews are always the complete opposite; it's all "we love this car" and "its' the best car I have ever owned"

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M-88 For This Useful Post:

debburyl (02-05-2015),Teasmade (02-05-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    M-88,,,,, I'm in full agreement to your post!!!!!! Even thou the gas prices have gone down we know they will start to climb again!! And it would be REAL stupid to go buy a GAS Hog just because gas went down! That's what amazes me people can't get the big picture and buy a mirage and SAVE Gas!!! And spend Thir Extra money on more wise things!! Instead they get Deep into debt to have a big fast Gas Guzzler!! WE are Smartmirage owners
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    They are already going back up.

I have been driving my gas guzzler more since gas has been cheap.

Country
    UK
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by M-88 View Post
    - The user reviews are always the complete opposite; it's all "we love this car" and "its' the best car I have ever owned"
    It's exactly the same in the UK. The people who've bought them love them. Says it all really!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 3 CVT 1.2 automatic: 47.9 mpg (US) ... 20.4 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Didnt watch the review but as someone who has just got a Mirage after looking at the honda's, Fords, Toyotas, Chevys and Dodges non of them could you get a car any where near the options or price I could not have purchased a brand new car of any of those others for any where near the price I payed for an ES those others I could have got a basic used one for close to what the Mirage New is priced. The Mirage is a nice little car with good options for a GREAT price. you cant beat it right now.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I'm thinking I will do a review of the Tesla, but comment exclusively on its water fording depth, tow rating, and cargo capacity - specifically how it does against its competitors, the Range Rover and the Mercedes Benz G-Wagen. Then I will review a crew cab F-350 with the powerstroke diesel and the tow package - that review will be entirely focused on parallel parking ease.

I really enjoyed the Smart car commercial where they take it off road - facetiously pointing out that it was designed for a different purpose. I want a Jeep Rubicon, but not as much as I want basic transportation and all the other things I can buy/do with the money I save, so I got the Mirage and am really happy about my decision.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 45.0 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.1 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Canoehead For This Useful Post:

fatcat (02-27-2015)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    "built for 2nd and 3rd world countries" I like that. Funny. Sort of reminds me of the 1980's.

Americans deserve so much more than everyone else, I suppose he is saying. A chicken in every pot . . . oh . . . and not just a model T, but something that has 300hp minimum!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 45.0 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    You got the right one Baby!!!!!!!!lol a you got the Mirage Fever!!!! Welcome from bluejellybean Name:  image.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  90.9 KB

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I would have taken some of the poor press seriously, if they had pointed out real issues. It seems the typical review has facts and opinions. When they state the fact that it has 74hp, followed by the opinion that 74hp isn't enough, well, I doubt the opinion based on my opinion of driving it, and the fact that it can attain 180km/h.

Had they said "It uses cheap plastic parts where other manufacturers use stainless steel" or "the engine in this car has been plagued with problems since its inception" or "the sheet metal is not galvanized, and the seats are made of a foam that will only last a year", those comments might have given me pause. The comments most seen, though, were "it's too small, not powerful enough, doesn't have a sport-tuned suspension, and we don't like that the dash isn't shag carpet or mahogany or whatever a dash should be!"

I will freely admit it isn't the prettiest car and it doesn't accelerate particularly quickly, but held up against its intended purpose, I think it is the best bang for the buck.