Thread: Early UK Mirage sales figures - exceeding expectations

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Early UK Mirage sales figures - exceeding expectations

We were targeting 4,000 Mirage sales in the UK in the remainder of this year but we could now do twice as many as that figure judging by the pre-launch customer response in advance orders. One of our 118 dealers, Hull Mitsubishi, sold 23 new Mirage hatchbacks in one weekend and other dealers have already achieved similar numbers of sales.”
    That must be a typo. Remainder of this YEAR? Surely they'd sell a lot more than that in a year. Must have meant "remainder of this month." Compare to Australia, projecting 1k sales/month, with 22.9m population vs. 62.6m in the U.K.

On the expected model sales split...

[Mitsu representative] Bradley said he expected that 95% of UK buyers will opt for the 1.2-litre engine and around 25% would take up the choice of the CVT auto transmission.
    Source: http://www.girlracer.co.uk/motoring/...st-drive-.html

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Woohoo, great news. Hope that trend continues as the roll outs and debuts continue around the world. Seems as though Mitsu has a hit on their hands.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Here's another encouraging bit of news about UK sales for Mitsu:

MITSUBISHI are the surprise packets so far in 2013 with sales up almost 45 PER CENT — the fastest-growing car firm in the UK.

Though the article points out that in addition to good sales of its new (Mirage) and refreshed vehicles, another reason for the dramatic sales increase is the terrible sales in the previous (comparison) year.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

843 Mirages sold in the U.K. in the first quarter (Jan-Mar), 2013. Note that the car wasn't actually available until March.

Source: http://bestsellingcarsblog.com/2013/...-best-sellers/

Came across another reference to UK sales showing the numbers are remaining healthy:

• Figures released this week show that Mitsubishi is doing well in Britain in 2013, with sales running almost 50 per cent ahead of last year.
    • Latest figures from the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT) show that during May, Mitsubishi in the UK sold 24 per cent more new vehicles than it did in the same month last year.
    Full article: http://www.henleystandard.co.uk/life...php?id=1298562

Some hard numbers to go along with the previously mentioned percentages...

Nearly 1,000 new Outlanders have been sold since its launch, while Mirage sales are already at 1,300.

1300 since March suggests ~4000 annually. Bang on what was predicted by Mitsu (see post #1). Mirage is a much tougher sell in Europe generally with so much more competition in the segment.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I am very very glad to see it doing well