Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Suzuki Celerio, Mitsubishi Mirage and Nissan Micra review (carsguide.com.au)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts

2015 Suzuki Celerio, Mitsubishi Mirage and Nissan Micra review (carsguide.com.au)

Name:  micro-cars-hero.jpg
Views: 2681
Size:  44.0 KB

Suzuki has replace the Alto in Australia with the new Celerio. The reviewers seem to favor the Celerio over the Mirage and the Micra mostly based on the cost being lower. They did like having more base features and a better interior in the Mirage though.

full review: 2015 Suzuki Celerio, Mitsubishi Mirage and Nissan Micra review

Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

They also like both the other cars driving characteristics better than the Mirage's, saying they wish Mitsu had applied the sedan's improvements to the hatchback:

It's just a pity Mitsubishi hasn't upgraded the steering and the suspension on the Mirage hatch, to bring it up to the same standard as the sedan.

Mitsubishi has the ingredients for a great car. It just needs to finish it.
    The Celerio also gets better mileage than the Mirage -- 1.0L triple.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Sadly, only one of these cars is available in the US. But perhaps the success of the mirage will bring more like it?

Country
    UK
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    The Celerio's had rather an inauspicious start in the UK market. It lasted a day before being pulled from sale due to high speed brake failure - More details here: http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/ne...-autocar-tests

Interestingly, it seems that UK spec cars are being built at a new plant in Thailand, rather than the Maruti-Suzuki plant in India (where the two most recent generations of Alto have been built). Most other markets (both left AND right hand drive are still being built there (India) and have no such fault. The symptons suggest a master cylinder issue - But as of yet there's no word from Suzuki UK.

Shame really; The previous Alto (AKA Maruti A-Star) is a good little car - My partner drives one and it never fails to make me smile. The Celerio DOES look like a worthy replacement, but they need to get this problem sorted and do something to restore consumer confidence in the car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 3 CVT 1.2 automatic: 47.9 mpg (US) ... 20.4 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.5 mpg (Imp)

What I found most interesting is the Australian media has been very friendly to the Mirage compared to many other places (UK / US). Yet in this review, the Suzuki comes out ahead.

I hope Mitsu is listening to the constructive criticism that comes from reviews such as this.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Small footnote to this.... Looks like the Celerio's wayward brakes have been fixed; seems the issue was with the pedal and the mechanism that allows it to drop out the way in the event of an accident (designed to stop you snapping your ankles)...

http://www.motoring.com.au/news/2015...on-track-49360

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/ne...ailure-updated

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 3 CVT 1.2 automatic: 47.9 mpg (US) ... 20.4 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.5 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Teasmade For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (02-21-2015)

Thanks for the follow-up.

What a scary fault that made it into production!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Thanks for the follow-up.

What a scary fault that made it into production!
    A few years ago they recalled over 20,000 cars (I think it was a GM car) that rolled off the production lines without front brakes (I think the rotor was entirely missing or something huge). A handful actually made it to dealership lots without noticing.

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Jesus Christ, all Suzuki cars are awful on the eyes :/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.2 automatic: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    The Celerio goes back on sale next week here in Australia. I just wished that they gave us the new duel jet engine that gets around a 3.6l/100klm instead of starting with the old engine from the Alto then bring in the duel jet later in the year and most likely charge a premium for it.

Cheers Jamie