Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Front Brakes rotors and pads removal and lubrication

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    I use OEM brake pads. Each time I replace them, I'm amazed at how much meat is left on them. I could easily get 150k to 200k on the OEM pads but to be safe I replace them every 100k miles anyway.

It's not expensive to do, Rock Auto has the OEM pads, and it's just easier to keep track of maintenance every 100k miles.
    I never replaced the brakes on my Lancers. I have had my 2015 Mirage for 85k so far and I have replaced them 4 times. Any idea why? They get crazy loud and I just replace them. They were only worn down a lot once. The other times I just replace at the first sign of noise and they still have the groves in them.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dust2dust02 View Post
    I never replaced the brakes on my Lancers. I have had my 2015 Mirage for 85k so far and I have replaced them 4 times. Any idea why? They get crazy loud and I just replace them. They were only worn down a lot once. The other times I just replace at the first sign of noise and they still have the groves in them.
    Have you ever flushed your brake line? Could help.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dust2dust02 View Post
    Have you been replacing the rotors with the brake pads?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Have you been replacing the rotors with the brake pads?
    I did, this last time, I feel like the brakes still have a "spot" in them, it kind of jerks like the rotor is out of round. I may just be too harsh on them? I do like to race from every light. However, I did in the Lancers too...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Replaced my front pads today, 45661 miles, with CTek 103.17310 Ceramics pads. Less than a 15 minute job. I love working on this, everything is so quick and easy.
    (blank signature)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    Replaced my front pads today, 45661 miles, with CTek 103.17310 Ceramics pads. Less than a 15 minute job. I love working on this, everything is so quick and easy.
    I can't wait to do an overhaul on my '14, brakes, front & rear, coolant, tranny, brake fluid changes, new plugs, serpentine, springs, sway bars, sound deadening. It seems like a lot of work but it's not work. Not when you really like the object you're working with.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)