Thread: US 1.2L: EGR Valve?

Country
    United States
    Thanks

US 1.2L: EGR Valve?

Both my first and second cars came with a Check Engine code for the EGR system that I could never get to go away, even after replacing valves and solenoids, so that leaves junk buildup restricting flow. Since I bought my Mirage new, I want to take preventative steps and keep the EGR system clean so I don't run into that problem later down the road.

However, I don't seem to be able to find anything that resembles an EGR valve. Do our North American cars come with it?

Update: Called up the dealership service department, and they confirmed the US Mirage does NOT have an EGR valve. One less thing to clean!

Last edited by Cani Lupine; 02-11-2015 at 08:34 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cani Lupine For This Useful Post:

alex16 (02-12-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    This is excellent news! Super clean and green without a egr!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    egr is useless here, we dont have emissions testing, as long as you got a cat and a resonator they let you go, sometimes even without one of the two. My mazda was bad for egr problems casing weird engine idles ect, I soon found a workaround though.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    That is a plus about Minnesota. We don't have Any inspections. No emissions testing, and no safety inspections.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Here in Virginia, we have safety and emissions inspections, but the emissions check is through the OBD2 scanner, so I can swap on a high-flow cat and not worry. :3

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    A lot of time, an EGR code that won't go away is caused by the sensors going bad.

One of the good things about modern engines with variable valve timing, etc, is they are able to play around with valve timing enough to be able to accomplish the same thing as EGR, without having the EGR system at all.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I live in the only county in Pennsylvania that has no emissions and I drive one of the cleanest cars I've ever owned in my life after living in smog testing areas for most of my life... Irony lol

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Which county is that? I've been considering a move to PA for a while. It was actually my original thought when I left Oregon, but I went to Ohio to be closer to a friend of mine, but ended up in Virginia when I needed a place on short notice, and a room offer and job happened to line up perfectly.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Schuykill I believe that's how you spell it. I'm in minersville and houses are so cheap oh no just while typing this out my mirage blower motor is starting to wine! Dang it lol