Thread: Fuel cap

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Fuel cap

I should have read the manual, I know.
    Noticed the coolest thing tonight, a hook for the gas cap on the filler door. Had no idea it had this. Mitsubishi thinks of everything.
    One thing also, I just tighten cap to one click. I see the manual specifies three. One seems ok to me, cel light hasn't come on. I figure it's easier on the cap, but maybe a bad habit? Certainly don't want it loose.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    As long as it clicks, you're good. The 3 clicks is just to get people to make sure they get it tightened ... so they don't end up going to the dealer when they get a P0455 gross leak code ... all because they forgot to tighten the gas cap.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yup but I caution you, if it's raining outside make sure you dry the fuel door off or let it be a rare time where it rests against the car. I noticed water droplets dripping onto the inner side of my fuel cap on a rainy day when I was fueling up, I know it's just a drop or two... Maybe I'm being ocd

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)