Thread: Minus 25C warmup.... (can you remote lock the car when it's idling?)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Minus 25C warmup.... (can you remote lock the car when it's idling?)

I went to idle the car this morning and was wondering if the doors could be locked from the outside with the engine running.....the remote key fob would not do it but I'll try it using the old school key cylinder from the outside driver's door lock....

Edited to add, I can lock the car using the spare key manually "old school style"! nifty...maybe Mercedes (and others) can take some notes from Mitsubishi, as my fortwo did not have such a basic feature and when the relay for the door locks failed required a major (expensive) SAM module replacement

Last edited by strawboss; 02-26-2015 at 07:43 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES Plus 1.2 automatic: 37.9 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

Yes, it was cold this morning! Coldest morning of the winter, I think. Or tied for it.

Fortunately, after this weekend, the temperatures look like they're heading in the right direction ... towards spring ... eventually.

Also: I don't know the answer to your question

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)