Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What would be your dream modification to your mirage?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    i would like a master switch for start/stop so that I have the ability to disable it but as soon as in neutral 5 seconds clutch disengaged engine off. I also agree taller 5th, at least let me get to 55mph@2000rpm

2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I would love a turbo pushing 150HP with IRS and RWD through a 6 speed transmission. A well sorted suspension and decent wheels and tires from the factory would have been nice too.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 38.6 mpg (US) ... 16.4 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    A better horn and a 6 spd manual.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    6 speed manual. awd or electronic assist awd. 4 wheel steering. hill holders like in a subaru. rear wheel disc brakes.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    A physical throttle cable and manual steering would be my top two picks!

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    An ultra reliable new JATCO CVT unit guaranteed to hit 200k miles like auto cars of old..........

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    A better horn and a 6 spd manual.
    Well, the horn is fixed for $20 and a whopping 9 seconds with one bolt.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.5 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Disc conversion kits for rear wheels

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by alex16 View Post
    i would like a master switch for start/stop so that I have the ability to disable it but as soon as in neutral 5 seconds clutch disengaged engine off. I also agree taller 5th, at least let me get to 55mph@2000rpm
    R5 Mirage spec power train, yet regular interior Mirage. So 4wd, and a faster Mirage, but looks basically like a regular Mirage.

Maybe get bigger wheels and a 6 speed manual if necessary to make the track spec engine and powertrain better for everyday driving on the road.

Nice LED lights and RF type of stereo system with subs. Nice alloys, even 2 tone paint for the car. Black interior, none of those colour accents on some of the special edition trims, I couldn't live with it.

This car would be a true homage to the Lancer and Mitsubishi brand legend, and wouldn't be another CUV for mass market sales.

And a new horn

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

I'd want a big mirror so I can put on eyeliner. And a place to hold elastics for my manbun. And a tissue holder because I'm very sensitive.
    But honestly, I'd move the gas door release someplace else. It's fine for a personal car where people somewhat care about it, but for fleet use, that lever gets packed full of dirt, gravel, salt,ear wax, finger nails etc... Then I gotta clear it out when it stops moving. I'd toss the hold lever altogether and just have it work like a normal gas door without a stupid lock.
    And make the speedo accurate, I just realized why I always get tailgated while on a test drive. It's cause I'm doing 5kph under the limit. So that works out to 10kph under most traffic that's usually going at least 5 over.

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)