Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What would be your dream modification to your mirage?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'd love a sunroof, a better sounding exhaust, and that's about it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage G4 ES 1.2 automatic: 32.5 mpg (US) ... 13.8 km/L ... 7.2 L/100 km ... 39.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Honestly, just have more after market parts available! Whats it going to take to not make these cars so dealer reluant? Jesus, they've sold almost 150k of them in the US alone right?

Just A Mirage!
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Realistic mods? Manual option, performance parts (suspension/engine/gearing) for the GT trim. Adaptive cruise control with stop and go would be neat too (I hate people that can't hold a constant speed!).

Dream mods? Double wishbone rear end, RWD/AWD layout, turbo, 3-door variant.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.5 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phaux View Post
    Realistic mods? Manual option, performance parts (suspension/engine/gearing) for the GT trim. Adaptive cruise control with stop and go would be neat too (I hate people that can't hold a constant speed!).

Somewhat related to everything you just shared. Adding more standard features each year has done very little or nothing to improve the appeal of GT trim level. Yet, the price of all trim levels shift accordingly.

I think the Mirage would be more appealing to more customers if the 5 different trim levels actually meant something. I also believe some people would be drawn to a more basic affordable Mirage, especially those people who are looking for an alternative 2nd or 3rd cars for the family. I really do feel a $10,000-12,000 MSRP Mirage would draw some attention. Those cars somewhat exist, but it takes some effort (shopping around) to find that out. Most customers aren't going to work that hard to buy a car, especially when a Mitsubishi dealership isn't found in their backyard. There are over 25 Chevy dealerships closer to my rural SW Wisconsin home than the single nearest Mitsubishi dealership. It's no wonder Spark sales do better. I like comparing what is out there, & I almost overlooked the Mirage.

Some people just want a nice daily driver, or they want a dependable car (nice used Mirage) to send their son/daughter off to college with or whatever. I am not sure that a fully loaded (with all the latest features) is really all that important to some people. It may actually take the Mirage out of the running.

I am not knocking those who embrace lots of features on a car. If the price goes up in the process, however, I may want to drive something else instead. I bought a brand new Mirage because it was under $10,000 brand new, & I wasn't willing to pay $17,000+ for brand new Honda Fit. If the Mirage starts approaching a price near $14,000-15,000, I am buying the 130 hp Honda Fit regardless of the features (because basic cars don't really exist any more).

I really like my Mirage, but I am not impressed with how Mitsubishi markets this car. Personally, I think the Mirage is an automotive success story, because of the lack of quality dealerships & questionable sales tactics associated with that.

Another example: My parents live in northeast Wisconsin (45 miles north of Green Bay). The nearest Mitsubishi dealership in Green Bay sells Subaru, Mazda, and Mitsubishi. That Green Bay dealership has 2 Mirages in stock. The next closest dealership is in Appleton, Wisconsin. Bergstrom Automotive is probably the largest car dealership in Wisconsin. They sell 36 brands of vehicles. I am not making that up - 32 dealership selling 36 different brands across Wisconsin. Their one Mitsubishi dealership has 1 Mirage in stock.

Do you think these mega dealerships are pushing Mirages like a stand alone dealership like White Bear Mitsubishi?

I seriously don't know of a decent Mitsubishi dealership in my state, yet I own one. I think that speaks volumes for the Mirage.

I do appreciate Mitsubishi marketing the Mirage in North America, but I do think it could be done smarter & better for more customers.
    Last edited by Mark; 09-05-2019 at 04:11 AM.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phaux View Post

3 door variant, cool. That would be like an old echo 2 door, my friend at work has one of those.

Size-wise the Mirage is almost identical to a 4 door'ed Echo hatchback 5 door, of days yore like a 2004 Echo. Mirage and the Echo hatch resemble each other in many ways.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)