Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone using LED lights in their Mirage / Space Star?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts

Anyone using LED lights in their Mirage / Space Star?

I know its a popular modification for any car. So I was curious if anyone has upgraded the incandescent lights (any of them) in their car to LEDs?

If you have, what ones have you replaced? Where did you get them? Does anyone have the bulb codes so we can find replacements?

Also, if you have upgraded to LEDs, share pictures with us!

Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    There is this guy in miragepilipinas.com who changed his stock bulbs with LED... You can check the outcome in this site: http://www.miragepilipinas.com/Threa...nd-dome-lights

Hope this helps!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2012 Mirage GLS 1.2 automatic: 37.0 mpg (US) ... 15.7 km/L ... 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    I changed my park lights, to LED's twice .. incandecent > blue > to finally bright white!... will post pictures of the bright white soon

FYI: Mitsubishi mentioned in New York that LED interior lighting will be an option.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Check my garage, I fitted my Mirage full with LED

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    For the interior lights that you replaced (dome light only?), can you list the bulb sizes so others can find LED replacements?
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    For interior lights I have the dome installed, it's using an oval festoon type, not sure about the length though since i'm using a universal adjustable connector. For the led strip from the luggage compartment i connect it to the original connector using T10 as well as the number plate light and city parking lights, they are all T10.

I still want to know the connector type of the Daylight Running Light though, maybe i will start a new topic about it.

Update: Dome Light size is Festoon 3 cm or 30 mm.

Checked again, the original festoon lamp is a 12v 8W, why would you put an 8 watt light bulb in when you can put 2W LED in it which saves you energy? Light bulbs should be banished ....
    Last edited by m4v3r1ck; 09-12-2013 at 12:50 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to m4v3r1ck For This Useful Post:

Daox (09-12-2013)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

LED tail and brake lights

I saw LED 1157 bulbs at Walmart for $15 and thought they might be worth a try. I was looking for something to make the car more noticable for safty reasons. Someone had posted that the Mirage didn't work with LED brake lights but those weren't CAN bus bulbs.
    Name:  20150316_180658.jpg
Views: 3305
Size:  91.6 KB

After one bulb was replaced I took this picture to compare brightness. LED is on the left but it was daytime and hard to see much difference.
    Name:  20150316_181127.jpg
Views: 2695
Size:  96.8 KB

I installed the second bulb and they seemed a little brighter than stock but it was still daylight.
    Name:  20150316_181759.jpg
Views: 4190
Size:  92.4 KB

The brightness goes up quite a bit when the brake is on. 6 LEDs are lit in parking light mode and 15 lit in break mode.

When I took the car out for a test after dark every thing worked correctly. Parking/running lights looked good, brake lights lit things up and reflected off signs. There were no error messages and only one problem, the traction light illuminated on the dash display and stayed on.
    Name:  20150317_062724.jpg
Views: 3177
Size:  28.1 KB

Didn't seem to cause any lasting problem and the traction light went out as soon as I put the old bulbs back. The LEDs might have worked fine over the long run but I wasn't sure that whatever triggered the skid light wasn't going to become a larger gremlin over time. So the old bulbs did get replaced but with 2357 bulbs which have the same wattage running light as OEM but are brighter when braking.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 48.1 mpg (US) ... 20.5 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemiRage View Post
    I saw LED 1157 bulbs at Walmart for $15 and thought they might be worth a try. I was looking for something to make the car more noticable for safty reasons. Someone had posted that the Mirage didn't work with LED brake lights but those weren't CAN bus bulbs.
    Name:  20150316_180658.jpg
Views: 3305
Size:  91.6 KB

After one bulb was replaced I took this picture to compare brightness. LED is on the left but it was daytime and hard to see much difference.
    Name:  20150316_181127.jpg
Views: 2695
Size:  96.8 KB

I installed the second bulb and they seemed a little brighter than stock but it was still daylight.
    Name:  20150316_181759.jpg
Views: 4190
Size:  92.4 KB

The brightness goes up quite a bit when the brake is on. 6 LEDs are lit in parking light mode and 15 lit in break mode.

When I took the car out for a test after dark every thing worked correctly. Parking/running lights looked good, brake lights lit things up and reflected off signs. There were no error messages and only one problem, the traction light illuminated on the dash display and stayed on.
    Name:  20150317_062724.jpg
Views: 3177
Size:  28.1 KB

Didn't seem to cause any lasting problem and the traction light went out as soon as I put the old bulbs back. The LEDs might have worked fine over the long run but I wasn't sure that whatever triggered the skid light wasn't going to become a larger gremlin over time. So the old bulbs did get replaced but with 2357 bulbs which have the same wattage running light as OEM but are brighter when braking.
    It's sad that the car is set up to kick and scream and fight when you put led bulbs in the taillights. Has anyone tried putting them in the signals, with an electronic flasher?

I went to LED headlights a couple of weeks ago, and haven't had any problems yet.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Reposting my garage pic for reference replaced my park lights with red leds, rear plate lights and interior dome light with white leds

12. The Following User Says Thank You to GooneyGooney For This Useful Post:

RedRage (04-26-2016)