Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Impressions, my 2014 vs 2015 loaner Mirage

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Snowed in? Lol hopefully not. I still have my focus its a 2007 2door hatchback. I got it used. And it's been pretty reliable. amen to enjoying driving and enjoying life. And tickets and just think you can wave and honk at the Guy who thought You were going so slow that you didn't Burn Rubber at the the Stop Sign!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol lol

hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    A few years ago I was on the highway going from Utica NY to Ithaca NY. I was passed by a Hundai going about 90 on the Interstate (with a donut spare on).

About 40 miles later, I passed the Hyundai after the driver was pulled over for speeding. It was pretty awesome.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That's Sad!!!! He was in a hurry to his Grave!!!!!!!! That makes NO Sense!!!!! To top it ALL off on a Donut!!!!!! Hummmmm
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    That's one thing that would give me pause (though probably not enough to bump me up to the next trim level). Are you comfortable without height adjustment? I suspect it's only an issue for people who are taller or shorter than average.
    it's comfortable enough but for me there is too much "bucket" to the seat. the front of seat base is just a wee bit too high for me and my 30" legs.
    Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MiMi View Post
    Icahabod said, "Cvt seems to run a couple hundred rpm higher than mine at comparable speeds. Also missing is the long laggy shift
    around 80 km/h that mine has."

Hopefully the higher RPM is just a cold weather thing. One thing that people have hated in CVT cars is high RPM when it is not needed, but the Mirage CVT always goes for minimum RPM. It would be nice if different programming gets rid of that little problem where a certain pedal position causes the car to stick at 80 km/hr.
    Whew!.. it's not just me. this green one still does it (the laggy/sticky thing) but to a much lesser degree. as for the rpm difference it has apparently "learned" my driving style and now seeks the lowest revs possible.
    Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Okay, took a better look at the "new" upper engine mount vs my 2015. The new mount is simply a thicker casting than the old one with the top rubber damper thingy missing. Nothing here that you would feel from driver's seat. IMHO anyway.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ym48qqf3n...unt_1.jpg?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/fsmmu3714e...unt_2.jpg?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/2phm7u347x...unt_1.jpg?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ydzjd9s70...unt_2.jpg?dl=0

Upon close scrutiny I could not find any sound dampening regarding engine noise so maybe false perception on my part?

Name:  2014_mount_1.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  38.1 KB

Name:  2014_mount_2.jpg
Views: 511
Size:  36.9 KB

Name:  2015_mount_1.jpg
Views: 499
Size:  38.6 KB

Name:  2015_mount_2.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  38.9 KB
    Will weld for beer.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to IchabodCrane For This Useful Post:

Daox (02-20-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well, that's a strange one!

Motor mounts can make a huge difference, though!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I think what is. People are use to 4 cyl v6 v8 and when they Frist see and hear and drive a 3cyl it's strange to them and Thir not use to it. Now that I've had mine a year I love mine even more. And mine doesn't vibrat , mines is pretty smooth! And yes a bigger casting and rubber will Truely help the mirage
    hello from bluejellybean

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    I test drove a 2015 CVT Mirage directly off the floor not too long ago, I literally felt no different in comparison to my 2013 Model other than stiffness in the peddle due to being a newer car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.2 automatic: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks

Cold engin lagging

Quote Originally Posted by MiMi View Post
    Icahabod said, "Cvt seems to run a couple hundred rpm higher than mine at comparable speeds. Also missing is the long laggy shift
    around 80 km/h that mine has."

Hopefully the higher RPM is just a cold weather thing. One thing that people have hated in CVT cars is high RPM when it is not needed, but the Mirage CVT always goes for minimum RPM. It would be nice if different programming gets rid of that little problem where a certain pedal position causes the car to stick at 80 km/hr.
    Mine laggs at 60 km/h when cold. Today it was so bad I thought for two seconds the engine stopped working alltogehter. No problems when the engine is warm.