Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Impressions, my 2014 vs 2015 loaner Mirage

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Yep. I test drove a 2014 Mirage and got a 2015 model some weeks later. The 2015 model is noticably quieter.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RodeRoNL View Post
    Yep. I test drove a 2014 Mirage and got a 2015 model some weeks later. The 2015 model is noticably quieter.
    Good to hear. I want Attrage, if importing from Belgium getting too expensive, I will look at mazda 3.
    I confirmed, the Netherlands will not getting Attrage while Belgium already has it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Can you go over there and get one? It's worth the trip

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IchabodCrane View Post
    Okay, my 2014 Mirage is in dealer's hands with starting issues (Thread: runs great just don't like to start). I have a brand new 2015 Mirage as a loaner.

First impressions...
    car seems to have less engine noise, even with accellerator mashed. I will check for sound dampening to verify.
    Engine feels a wee bit smoother at idle and revving from idle with noteable absence of "buzz". Maybe due to new motor mount?
    Glove box in this one rattles : (
    Cvt seems to run a couple hundred rpm higher than mine at comparable speeds. Also missing is the long laggy shift
    around 80 km/h that mine has. hmmmmm... (another question for the dealer.)
    Yes, the antenna has moved to the rear and it's a stubby type. reception is fine.

Note also that the 2015 does not have the highest package that mine has... it's missing leather wrap steering wheel/shifter, auto climate, alloy wheels, body color door handles, height adjust driver seat, heated seats, cruise control. It does have very well fitting deep floor mats with mitsu logo though and I will be gettin' me a set asap.

"the cvt sucks without cruise" you have to really concentrate on keeping a constant speed.

more to come as well as pics of noteables...

in one of the mirages that i drove, the glove box rattled and it turned out that it was the usb plug bouncing up and down against the plastic. i moved the plug to a different spot and the rattle stopped. not sure if the one you had was for the same reason... but just putting it out there...

i have driven both years myself and generally agree with your observations. the 2015 seemed a little more quiet and i also noticed the 2015 CVT revved a little higher. i also agree on your observation about cruise control, although i suspect that a driver of a CVT without one eventually learns the ways of his/her car. i'm glad i have CC though...

one difference for me though. they all idled about the same level of smoothness for me (in neutral), even though the new ones have the different engine mount.
    Last edited by El Kapitan; 03-15-2015 at 08:19 AM.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by M-88 View Post

The 2015 ES model seemed to have the hood insulation. I don't recall that on 2014 MY Mirages.
    not sure if it's the same down south but my 2014 has the hood insulation and so did a base 2014 that i test drove.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Canoehead View Post
    I just got the Mirage, so I certainly agree. However, that is only because M-88 and I agree on wanting to avoid Direct Injection for now.
    out of curiosity, why are you wary of direct injection?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kapitan View Post
    out of curiosity, why are you wary of direct injection?
    There have been issues with carbon buildup. Also my 2014 ES USA model has underhood insulation. I thought all of the north american ones did.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    That's one thing that would give me pause (though probably not enough to bump me up to the next trim level). Are you comfortable without height adjustment? I suspect it's only an issue for people who are taller or shorter than average.
    This is the only option I miss, but no worries there's a U-Pull close by and in a year or so I should have a 6 way seat out of a write-off.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES Plus 1.2 automatic: 37.9 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    i'm looking forward to finding one in a yard too. i want a spare set of rear seats.