Thread: Impressions, my 2014 vs 2015 loaner Mirage

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Impressions, my 2014 vs 2015 loaner Mirage

Okay, my 2014 Mirage is in dealer's hands with starting issues (Thread: runs great just don't like to start). I have a brand new 2015 Mirage as a loaner.

First impressions...
    car seems to have less engine noise, even with accellerator mashed. I will check for sound dampening to verify.
    Engine feels a wee bit smoother at idle and revving from idle with noteable absence of "buzz". Maybe due to new motor mount?
    Glove box in this one rattles : (
    Cvt seems to run a couple hundred rpm higher than mine at comparable speeds. Also missing is the long laggy shift
    around 80 km/h that mine has. hmmmmm... (another question for the dealer.)
    Yes, the antenna has moved to the rear and it's a stubby type. reception is fine.

Note also that the 2015 does not have the highest package that mine has... it's missing leather wrap steering wheel/shifter, auto climate, alloy wheels, body color door handles, height adjust driver seat, heated seats, cruise control. It does have very well fitting deep floor mats with mitsu logo though and I will be gettin' me a set asap.

"the cvt sucks without cruise" you have to really concentrate on keeping a constant speed.

more to come as well as pics of noteables...
    Last edited by IchabodCrane; 02-15-2015 at 02:06 AM. Reason: additions
    Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to IchabodCrane For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (02-16-2015)