Thread: Mirage GLS M/T - the "GOLDILOCKS" car

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    I can describe the mirage with one word/name "GOLDILOCKS"...

• The car is not very pretty, but it is definitely not ugly.
    • The car is not as spacious as a sedan, but it is still i can say the car is pretty spacious.
    • The car is not fast, but it is not slow also.
    • Considering its small size, it can fit in very small places and gaps.
    • The car is very warm and welcoming to owners and enthusiasts alike, the appeal is very high (it impresses women for some reason).
    • It sips on gas as if it was just tasting it bits by bits,
    • And driving the car is such a pleasure for drivers because of its soft steering and great handling or maybe im just being biased .

All i can say is that it has a heart of a champ and right now i can say the Mirage is just perfectly "right"

Goldilocks - that's a really appropriate way to describe it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

EtotheZ (03-27-2013)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    i really dont know if im being biased here but, i'm just in love with the wee car. this car saved me so much money ))

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Nice quick review, thanks!

I value owner reviews 10x more than professional reviews. The people actually using the car know what they do and don't like after weeks of driving vs an hour of sitting in a car you've never seen before.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    I agree with everything except the handling. It has mediocre handling which is compensated for by a bunch of electronics that stop you sliding around or rolling it. Fifth gear did a really good segment on what all the alphabet letters (ESP, TCS,ABS etc.) do for a vehicle by swerving a range of vehicles with these safety features at high speed. It was impressive, and then they showed what turning them off can do.

Without serious suspension mods, I doubt we will see these little mirages in any sports events but, after saying that, I do really like my little mirage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage LS (Australia) 1.2 automatic: 34.8 mpg (US) ... 14.8 km/L ... 6.8 L/100 km ... 41.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    You'd be amazed at what a new set of springs and a set of sway bars will do to a car. Those things don't cost much either.

Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)