Thread: Bluetooth not working

Bluetooth not working

I've got a 2015 Mirage in the shop with the old orange radio and bluetooth controls on the steering wheel. Car came in with complaints of warning lights turned on and bluetooth quit working. Abs, trac control lights were on because both brake lights were burnt out....

I'm not sure what's up with the bluetooth. When you hit the buttons on the wheel the radio display changes but you can't here any beeps or voice commands. Radio works, and so does the usb port in the glove box, just no sound from the bluetooth lady. So far I just checked the yellow fuse holder but usually when that pops out the radio doesn't work at all.
    I'm about to launch the parts cannon.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Parts cannon hasn't been working. I tried a spare radio and blue tooth module, it made no difference. It shows listening on the screen but you can't hear the bluetooth lady...
    AND THEN....I noticed that the RF speaker isn't working at all. The other 3 work fine. So I go out to a working car and sure enough the bluetooth lady only seems to yell at you through the Right Front speaker... Who knew?

I'll tear the door panel off and see whats up...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I've got a 2015 Mirage in the shop with the old orange radio and bluetooth controls on the steering wheel. Car came in with complaints of warning lights turned on and bluetooth quit working. Abs, trac control lights were on because both brake lights were burnt out....

I'm not sure what's up with the bluetooth. When you hit the buttons on the wheel the radio display changes but you can't here any beeps or voice commands. Radio works, and so does the usb port in the glove box, just no sound from the bluetooth lady. So far I just checked the yellow fuse holder but usually when that pops out the radio doesn't work at all.
    I'm about to launch the parts cannon.
    My Mirage Bluetooth may be different, but what do you mean by the "Bluetooth lady"?

My Bluetooth only does what my cheap Android smartphone tells it to do, & it does it somewhat automatically (provided I have the Bluetooth feature on my smartphone turned on).

If I answer a phone call, I only hear the phone conversation. If I am using Google Maps & a vocal direction is given, I hear that lady. If I was playing something like You Tube or a podcast, I would hear that over my radio speakers.

Bluetooth reacts to my phone even if the radio is turned completely off. Bluetooth was added to my car from the factory. Thus, I have dash mounted buttons. I don't even know what the buttons do, because I have never used them. If my phone Bluetooth is on, the phone dictates everything including volume control. The radio volume button is useless in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    My Mirage Bluetooth may be different, but what do you mean by the "Bluetooth lady"?

My Bluetooth only does what my cheap Android smartphone tells it to do, & it does it somewhat automatically (provided I have the Bluetooth feature on my smartphone turned on).

If I answer a phone call, I only hear the phone conversation. If I am using Google Maps & a vocal direction is given, I hear that lady. If I was playing something like You Tube or a podcast, I would hear that over my radio speakers.

Bluetooth reacts to my phone even if the radio is turned completely off. Bluetooth was added to my car from the factory. Thus, I have dash mounted buttons. I don't even know what the buttons do, because I have never used them. If my phone Bluetooth is on, the phone dictates everything including volume control. The radio volume button is useless in that case.
    You must have the "port installed" bluetooth with the controls on the dash then? The "factory" bluetooth has the controls on the left side of the steering wheel. There's 3 buttons below the radio controls(on the lh spoke). Pickup,hang up and the I can't remember/don't know button. When you Press a button a voice comes over the speaker and you have to yell at it to do stuff. You use voice commands to setup your phone. Once setup you can just use the wheel controls. I rarely use it in my car,

Edit: I only read your first paragraph so far.

Over here you can get a distracted driving fine for having your phone in your hand while driving.

Fixed. The Rh front speaker was blown.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

daleWV (07-29-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    You must have the "port installed" bluetooth with the controls on the dash then? The "factory" bluetooth has the controls on the left side of the steering wheel. There's 3 buttons below the radio controls(on the lh spoke). Pickup,hang up and the I can't remember/don't know button. When you Press a button a voice comes over the speaker and you have to yell at it to do stuff. You use voice commands to setup your phone. Once setup you can just use the wheel controls. I rarely use it in my car,

Edit: I only read your first paragraph so far.

Over here you can get a distracted driving fine for having your phone in your hand while driving.
    Maybe my factory installed Bluetooth has a Bluetooth lady? I just haven't pushed her button yet! I might be missing out on something?

Bluetooth became standard for all trim levels here in 2018 (along with Federally mandate backup cameras). My 2017 base trim level had the feature added at the factory (dash instead of steering wheel buttons).

When it comes to technology, I shouldn't be offering anyone any advice. I may have to go look for my Bluetooth lady. It's possible I may have one, too! I am a bit excited about that now!

I need to get out more I know!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

mohammad (07-29-2023)