Thread: New Mirage Owner

Country
    United States
    Thanks

New Mirage Owner

Just bought a brand new 2015 Mirage ES for my wife yesterday has currently less the 50 miles on it. Hello

Phantasmagoria
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hello and congratulations! Hope you have a great experience with your new car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 43.1 mpg (US) ... 18.3 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.8 mpg (Imp)

Congrats & welcome!

Manual or CVT? (Guessing it's CVT.) What prompted your decision to get the Mirage? What else was under consideration and what did it replace?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    CVT.. we replaced my wifes OLD 96 Dodge Intrepid. My wife was looking at smallish cars and the main thing was price and the local Mitsu dealer is one of the best dealers in town for me it was the 5yr 60K bumper to bumper and the 10yr 100K powertrain.

Then the car is small but my 6'3 frame can fit in it comfortably and after test driving it we where sold.

Have you sat in the back seat? I'm 5'10", and I was shocked at how much leg room there was back there when I sat behind the driver's seat (when it was adjusted for myself).

Did you read many reviews of the car? Reaction?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Welcome to the site and congrats on the new car (and getting rid of a Dodge, haha).
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    as for leg room in the back I can comfortably sit behind my wife she is 5'10" but not myself with the seat all the way back there is not much room even for my 12 yr old son. I still have my 08 Dodge Caliber its a nice car but Very Very noisy its CVT screams so much its uncomfortable sometimes. I am hoping that the Mitsu CVT does not develop that issue.