Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fishy :: 2013 Mitsubishi Mirage GLX (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Fishy
    Mitsubishi
    Mirage GLX
    Savannah White
    Manual

Details

OEM parts: GLX spoiler, side protector, and window visor

2-tone Leatherette seat covers

TS-A1674S Pioneer 300w max 3-way speakers to the rear, since the GLX doesn't have a pair at the back.

Free flow resonator and muffler: Muffler by Stivo Exhaust, while the black iron resonator is fabricated by SMT competition headers.

Lowered with H&R sport springs; and with an Ultra Racing front and rear strut bars.

Upsized to Concept One 15x5J Vientrays, wrapped with Maxxis Victra MA Z1 195/50/R15 tires.

Comments: 31 / Views: 54650
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Welcome to the site francismd!
    It certainly looks like you've been having some fun with your Mirage. What is next on the list of things you want to do?
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Oh la la! (as the French say). Your Mirage really kept you busy and looks very sporty indeed.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Space Star 'Instyle' 1.2 automatic: 48.5 mpg (US) ... 20.6 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 58.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Welcome and nice car you have there. What size speakers did you fit in the rear doors and was it hard to do?

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    Welcome to the site francismd!
    It certainly looks like you've been having some fun with your Mirage. What is next on the list of things you want to do?
    The savannah white mirage was asking for it. If only it didn't look so plain. The mirage was selling like pancakes here in the Philippines when it debut on November 2012, if I got the cool silver I probably wouldn't have considered the add-ons.

Got to change my muffler last week, and I'd probably get a new resonator soon.

On my wish list is a good aftermarket suspension kit and lowering springs for the mirage. I hope these will reach Manila soon. While waiting I'd probably work on a nice body kit set-up.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by talldino View Post
    Oh la la! (as the French say). Your Mirage really kept you busy and looks very sporty indeed.
    Thanks! I owe the sporty look to our mirage. It's has a nice sharp and sleek look; doesn't look like something is going to herniate from our roof like in other subcompacts.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiec View Post
    Welcome and nice car you have there. What size speakers did you fit in the rear doors and was it hard to do?
    Thank you! I was able to fit 16 cm speakers (here's a link to the exact model I installed: http://www.pioneer.com.au/au/product...674S/page.html). I think the difficult part of installing the speakers was dismantling the inside of the doors. I had these installed by the guys at the speakers shop so I didn't have to worry about the DIY stuff.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Hey Doc, welcome to the forum!

Those are nice looking alloy wheels. Are they really just 15"x5" or 15"x5.5"? I'd imagine the 195/50r15 tyres be too wide for the former.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2012 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 33.3 mpg (US) ... 14.1 km/L ... 7.1 L/100 km ... 40.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_One View Post
    Hey Doc, welcome to the forum!

Those are nice looking alloy wheels. Are they really just 15"x5" or 15"x5.5"? I'd imagine the 195/50r15 tyres be too wide for the former.
    Hi Alpha One! Thanks for the heads up. Did my computations (it seems my rims are short by 0.14 inch). Might probably downsize the rubber soon (hope to find a swap deal on this).

O BTW, Your post on the clutch engagement point was very helpful!

Country
    Indonesia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Hii Francis..
    I wonder to hear your muffler sound..if you Don't mind, would you upload it and let me hear it in youtube..??coz im trying to hear it customized muffler sound but i can't get it in google nor the youtube..

Thanks