Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is Accumulated Milage Indicator Accurate? (MID fuel economy / MPG gauge)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    You're welcome.

It's a non-intuitive, even frustrating user interface for sure -- more than a few members have raised this topic in different threads.

I've added more info to this thread:

Thread: Mirage factory fuel economy "A" & "B" gauges: details (MID Multi Information Display)
    In that case many many thanks for not berating me for failing to find that thread. I promise I know about forums and did look. Mea culpa.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 46.0 mpg (US) ... 19.5 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    PS: nice looking MPG results with your 5-speed car.
    Well I bought it for economy, as I have bigger and faster (and older) cars for other purposes. So I was trying to use the ECO light, just to see how useful it was, and that log shows the only tank fill so far. On the A mode, I'd seen 54.5 USmpg on country roads, but on a longer trip, about 25 miles in, it came down to about 48 and nothing I could do would make it go up above 49 for long. I suspect a cold front came through and gave me a headwind.

I'll have to go and learn from that other thread about what the ECO light is really saying.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 46.0 mpg (US) ... 19.5 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It's the small wheels, just makes it seem like a lot of miles.
    Joking aside, with the factory tires there is about another 2% deviation between speedometer indication and GPS calculations, when the needle indicates between 61 and 62 mph the GPS is showing 60. Shows up on roadside radar displays too. It looks like a 175/65/14 tire would be about right but I've only run the factory tires. Anyway, that would put the actual milage at aprx. 45.5 and that's mixed use.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 48.1 mpg (US) ... 20.5 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.8 mpg (Imp)