Following Charlie's post, I think it's a good idea to start a new topic on detailing. Nice to compare and I would love to hear about how you all clean your lovely Mirages.
I'm currently using all kind of detailing stuffs. I never thought that I will be getting into detailing.
I wash my car if possible once a week. The stuff I use are as follow (in following order as well):
1. wet the tires and apply rims cleaner spray, use Meguiars yellow and a smaller rims brushes and clean it almost directly with high pressure water. Repeat for all 4 tires.
2. Using 2 bucket methode (watch here) wash the car with Meguiars Gold class Car Wash or Mother's Car shampoo or for quick wash, Meguiars Wash and Wax.
3. Dry the whole car from windows, top to bottom using only dry and clean microfiber cloth
4. Using Meguiars Ultimate Quik Detailer spray, I apply Meguiar's Clay bar on the car's body.
5. After claying (amazing stuff! MUST USE!!) This clay bar will remove all tar, dirt in micro size under the paint's pores. Use this and amaze yourself how smooth your car be.
6. Wax the car's body using Ultimate Quick wax or using Meguiars NXT paste wax. No need to overly apply the Quick Wax spray as Charlie said.
7. spray Meguiars tire shine on the tires to make it shine, dry them first.
8. Interior is cleaned and blackened using meguiars Interior Detailer, you can use this stuff on the black parts of the car, or use the tire shine spray.
9. I'm using Rain-X on my windows. This stuff repels water like it's on oil. Great stuff. First you clean your windows, apply this rain-X until the windows became foggy. I left it like that for a night then wipe them clean the next morning using clean microfiber cloth.
10. Clean your engine from oil and other stuffs using disc brake cleaner spray.
In total am using 15 microfiber cloth for every wash.
I'm curious as how you all think, any ideas? Every ideas are welcomed.
I'm not an ambassador from Meguiars, I just find them has the best car detailing stuffs.
View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)