Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mirage LPG conversion (Thailand)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Thank you for the information! What is the cost in Euro per Kilometer to run compared to gasoline? I know LPG is less expensive compared to gasoline but I'm also just curious if this pencils out once you factor the cost of the LPG system etcetera. In other words how many miles would it take to save enough money to pay for the cost of the system and installation? After that point is when you are actually saving money. I'm not knocking this idea by any means I'm just wondering if it takes 100k, 200k, 300k to save enough to offset the cost of the system. If it pays for itself in less than 100k then I'm pretty interested. If it takes 300k+ then not so much.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Italy
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Thank you for the information! What is the cost in Euro per Kilometer to run compared to gasoline? I know LPG is less expensive compared to gasoline but I'm also just curious if this pencils out once you factor the cost of the LPG system etcetera. In other words how many miles would it take to save enough money to pay for the cost of the system and installation? After that point is when you are actually saving money. I'm not knocking this idea by any means I'm just wondering if it takes 100k, 200k, 300k to save enough to offset the cost of the system. If it pays for itself in less than 100k then I'm pretty interested. If it takes 300k+ then not so much.
    Hi inuvik and thanks!
    In Italy, LPG for automotive costs around 50% less than gasoline. Prices are someway tied, since the P of LPG is "Petroleum" . Engine on LPG runs with 20% less efficiency, calculating 10.000 to 15.000 Kms per year, I'll pay off the equipment in less than 2 years. It's really way way below the mileage you are thinking about but the exact amount really depends on the installation costs (a friend of mine in northern metropolitan Italy, way more expensive than my area, paid something around 2500€ for a complete installation, I paid something around 1200€). However, with the actual LPG/GAS price ratio, it's really convenient if you move more than 10.000 Km per year.

Last edited by redline81; 10-16-2022 at 04:18 PM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redline81 For This Useful Post:

Fummins (10-17-2022),inuvik (10-16-2022)