Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I completely regret buying the Mirage! Chose the wrong transmission.

Banned
    Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Angry I completely regret buying the Mirage! Chose the wrong transmission.

After using the NRCAN measurements for years to assertain the "relative" fuel efficiency of cars available on the market I made the HUGE mistake of trusting their current measurements on the CVT Mirage. I made my purchase based on the fact that they show the new CVT as geting about 10% better milage in the city than the manual. These numbers put the new CVT Mirage in the same ballpark as the 95 Geo Metro (manual). Now, after wasting my money, I find out that, not only does the CVT NOT do better than the manual (in the city), it doesn't even come close to what the Metro was capable of (even when I modify my technique and drive EXTREMELY conservatively). Now I'm stuck with a brand new piece of junk (that I paid extra for) that I have to drive like a little old lady and which my Metro would have $hit kicked.

---

Admin edit: also see this member's related thread: New Mirage Owner Question (city fuel economy)

And: Is Accumulated Milage Indicator Accurate? (MID fuel economy / MPG gauge)

Last edited by MetroMPG; 03-05-2015 at 01:30 PM. Reason: (added link to member's original thread)

Phantasmagoria
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Don't mention that the new small Chevys and Fords cost THOUSANDS more, and you will NEVER save that amount in fuel. GO Mitsubishi!! YAH!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 43.1 mpg (US) ... 18.3 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.8 mpg (Imp)

Banned
    Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Big deal! I don't give a crap that the car is cheap, when the planet will be unihabitable in 200 years and a car like a Geo Metro with 30 year old technology could kick it's a$$ both in terms of performance and fuel efficiency.
    Last edited by nternal1; 03-04-2015 at 08:09 PM.

Country
    Switzerland
    Thanks
    lol.

can you substantiate your rant with some figures?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.8 mpg (US) ... 20.3 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.3 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Donut For This Useful Post:

Micurious (03-27-2016)

Banned
    Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    94 Geo Metro (manual):
    The worst results I have been getting over the last few years for the worst kind of short 7 km trips to and from work in stop and go city traffic (with no special effort to modify driving technique):
    ~ 13 km/litre

Mirage CVT:
    Exact same trips as above but using a route with less stop and go as well as driving like "a little old lady" (almost to level of absurdity): 11 km/litre

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    CVT's learn your driving style. It will learn and adjust based on how you drive. EIther your readings are wrong, or your doing something wrong. I have never seen a reasonably driven Mirage with such poor mpg. Do you never go above 10 miles per hour or something haha

Considering you were only getting 30 mpg with a metro, I think its u lol

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I have the cvt mirage as well so I can't agree with your numbers either... You're doing something wrong.
    Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Get past the break in period and see if it improves. Do you calculate your own numbers?
    I love everything about Mitsubishi!!!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Should have bought the manual Mirage if all you care about is fuel economy. Almost everybody here with the stick is beating the fuel ratings.

The Mirage is superior to a metro in nearly every way regardless (safety, comfort, features, reliability, etc.)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    I smell troll