Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Quantity/viscosity of lubricating oil... (What does your Mirage owner's manual say?)

Country
    Brazil
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Quantity/viscosity of lubricating oil... (What does your Mirage owner's manual say?)

Hi guys... I'm new in the group and I'm sorry if I'm using the wrong place to ask about lubrication issues.

So... I would like know the quantity of lubricating oil for the systems below:

Engine (3A92):

Manual Transmission (5MT):

Automatic Transmission (CVT):

Power Steering (if use some kind of oil):

Brake System:

I think that is easy find these information on the owner manual.

Thank you so much

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Welcome to the site Fabio!

I don't have a Mirage, but I'm sure one of the other owners will chime in to let you know.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Brazil
    Thanks
    Thank you very much!
    I certainly will wait for the owner's answer.
    Thanks again.

None of our Mirage owners can provide this info for Mr Fabio?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Straight from the manual:

Engine oil (oil pan) 2.8L
    Engine oil (oil filter) 0.2L
    CVT Fluid (Mitsubishi CVTF-J4) 7.0L
    Manual Transmission Oil (GL-4, SAE 75w-80) 1.6L

Brake fluid is DOT3/4, quantity is "as required". There is no power steering fluid since the car uses an electric system.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2012 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 33.3 mpg (US) ... 14.1 km/L ... 7.1 L/100 km ... 40.0 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alpha_One For This Useful Post:

Daox (04-22-2013),m4v3r1ck (11-07-2013),MetroMPG (04-22-2013)

Thanks, Alpha!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    I'm wondering what is the recommended SAE Viscosity as well as the API, ACEA, or ILSAC rating of Mirage engine oil in Canada and Australia. Our manual says, API SG or higher, at Mitsubishi centers here, the available oils are 15w-40 API SL/CF mineral oil and 5W-40 API SN/CF FS oil.

API SG is a quite an old service grade, what is there in 2013 Mirage engine that made Mitsubishi recommend such an oil, when the engine belongs to era of API SN-RC or ILSAC-5 oils.

Our Fuel requirements here in the Philippines is Euro II RON 91 E0 up to E20, but our retailed Petrol here are all E10s.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    The 3A92 isn't a very complicated engine; it's not exactly one of those hi-compression turbo direct-injection affairs. In that respect it's not all that surprising that it isn't asking for relatively exotic oil. It shouldn't really matter considering that the "oldest" oil you can buy is of the API SL grade (mostly due to higher ZDDP levels), and the current SM/SN is theoretically "forwards compatible" with SG.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2012 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 33.3 mpg (US) ... 14.1 km/L ... 7.1 L/100 km ... 40.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Guys since it's talked here, my dealer put in a 0W20 motor oil in my space star 1.0, I want to replace the oil and looking for a good brand for it but it seems that there's not much 0W20 available, most of them are 0W30, is it okay to put 0W30 instead of 0W20? I'm sure it will affect my fuel consumption but by how much? will it be noticeable?

Thanks!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    It likely won't be noticeable. You're talking a couple percent at most probably.

Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)